We are recruiting for forward thinking, caring, proactive and dynamic EYFS practitioners. We need Level 2 and Level 3 Teaching Assistants to work in nurseries to support children under 5 years old. Be ready to have an innovative approach to childhood development, allow children to be free to explore their boundaries and perceptions, follow their imagination wherever that may lead and guide that imagination toward beneficial learning.
The perfect Teaching Assistant must possess a level 2/3 qualification in childhood or childcare, education studies, or similar relevant qualification.
The correct Teaching Assistant will have experience in the following:
- Planning and observation of Early Years children to support and push deveolpment and progress
- Using IT based progression tools, such as Ipads, Tablets and computers to record their progress through pictures and videos (EG. Tapestry)
- Realising child development through observation and assessment
- Experience in the 'Personal Care' side of Nurturing Children (needs will vary for setting to setting, but the skill will be required when called upon)
Other skills that would be desirable would be:
- Skills appropriate to Speech and Language therapy or development
- Energetic and Vibrant approach to Childcare
- Caring and Nurturing personality
- Skills in Speaking and Listening observation
- A happy and fun persona to match the feel of the nursery environment
We require our assistants to work at a School that Teaching Personnel work alongside in the Boroughbridge area, but you may have opportunities across York and the surrounding areas. As such, access to transport is preferred and we require good availability to undertake bookings both with and without notice.
The day to day activity will be centred around small groups of children in your responsibility, or as part of a team supporting a larger group of children. As the Nursery Class Assistant you will engage the children in daily activities that will strengthen progression and monitor progress, and as a result plan your next day with a view to pushing their development in line with expectations and abilities. Basic behaviour management skills will be required to maintain an effective environment. Using your caring, loving and passionate approach, you will provide children with a safe and happy place in which to explore their own abilities, feeling included and valued along the way.
You will aim to give the children the best possible start to their learning experience, and you will love to share in their success!
If you feel you match this role, send us your CV or hit apply now and we will contact you- or visit our website!