About the Role
We’re looking for a Process Engineer to aid in the development of our Featherstone site. This role works closely with the Production and Shift Managers to maintain all quality assurance and process controls in the manufacturing process, ensure ongoing continuous improvement and make sure the DS Smith standards are followed by all on site.
Within this role you will take responsibility for working to HSER standards using all Leadership in action tools and meeting all legislative Health and Safety standards; undertaking audits to personally verify the validity and accuracy of results recorded in the process; driving the process conformance through application of process control in action (PCA) methodology and assisting in troubleshooting quality issues arising from process audits.
One of the main focus areas for the Process Engineer is to drive productivity improvement through the provision of a stable process platform. Key KPI’s include working line speed optimisation, DPPM, Waste, unplanned downtime and adherence to operational routines.
The ability to collaborate is essential in this role as you’ll be working closely with the Engineering team to ensure reliable performance of the equipment on site and this includes calibration routines, preventative maintenance and general asset care.
- Engineering/Science Degree or equivalent qualification or relevant experience
- Detailed understanding of Statistical Process Control theory, including methods of design&implementation
- Thorough understanding of machine and process capability management
- Extensive analytical skills
- Good understanding of change management governance
- Strong understanding of Lean process and experience in lean manufacturing environment
- Experience of leading and implementing CapEx and improvement projects
- Good knowledge about RCP methodology and able to drive problem solving
- A recognised qualification such as Six Sigma
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- 27 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Employee Discounts Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- EAP Support
- Long Service Award