At Prodrive we combine our motorsport ethos with free thinking to redefine the possible. For the last 15 years we have been the team behind the Le Mans winning Aston Martin Racing team in the FIA World Endurance Championship. We also support a variety of programmes including full works teams in international race and rally series. Our Technicians, Mechanics, Fabricators and Engineers all work together every step of the way with one goal; to win.
We are now searching for an Engine Development Trackside Engineering to be part of the Prodrive engine development team to assist in the development and calibration of race engines and engine components as well as providing Trackside support as an Engine engineer on different Prodrive products including GT and rally.
- To undertake development projects to achieve project engineering objectives including performance, durability goals within tight time and cost boundaries.
- To devise, organise and carry out development tests including but not limited to
- Engine dyno tests for performance development, durability testing, calibration, team engine signoff and calibration.
- Torsional vibration studies using high speed loggers and analysis software
- General development of engine systems such as oil systems, cooling systems, exhaust and inlet systems. Turbo systems.
- Valve train dynamic studies using rig testing / high speed loggers
- Organise other development tests including airflow rigs etc.
- To set specification and in some cases design of development test parts
- Liaise with suppliers and technical partners on various engineering activities
- To provide track side engine support for Prodrive race and rally cars with the factory team and or customer teams and support engine pool planning and ensure engines are operated within strict guidelines.
- Analysis of test data and preparation of formal reports
Who are we looking for…?
Our ideal candidate will have an experience working with rally or sportcars as an Engine Development Engineer with a proven record trackside. You will be educated to degree level or equivalent within an engineering discipline. You will be determined to achieve tough goals by remain calm and focused under pressure. Experience running/calibrating an engine on a Dyno is advantageous.
What we offer in return;
A modern, spacious working environment with free onsite parking, competitive salaries as well as a tailored range of benefits, which include: life assurance, free fitness assessments and advice from our 'Fit 4 Life team', a subsidised canteen, onsite exercise classes, opportunity to join our group personal pension, 25 days holiday, with an opportunity to purchase extra, an attractive lieu-day policy and company discounts e.g. motorsport merchandise… and much more!