**Contract Position for 4 months
May require to work some overtime and or weekends
Majority of work will indoor however may require some outdoor work
- Installing, rearranging, and maintaining inside wiring infrastructure to include all
- Level of wire and fiber.
- Performing necessary work to connect, disconnect, reconnect, test, repair and maintain customer provided voice and data equipment.
- Performing diagnostic tests.
- Interpreting service orders.
- Keeping detailed written record of all work activity and changes.
- Evaluate customer communication needs.
- Climbing and working aloft.
- Moving and lifting items such as ladders, tools, test equipment and cable reels.
- Performing light digging.
- Keep customer fully informed of all work activity and especially any planned outage of customers system.
- Performing temporary rearrangements of Central Office frame during unattended hours.
- Identifying and meeting individual customer requirements on provisioning and/or repair contacts.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must follow established safety practices and guidelines.
- Must be familiar with all NEC Grounding practices.
- Must understand requirement of EIA/TIA 568 A & B.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Have a thorough understanding of structured cable systems, associated termination equipment, test equipment, industry testing standards and industry approved test procedures.
- Understand fiber optic splicing techniques and be able to attach connectors to fiber optic cable and splice inside and outside fiber cables.
- Be able to perform test procedures on fiber and copper cable, analyze test results, and certify results to industry standards.
- Be technically competent to problem-solve cable systems not meeting industry standard test results and provide remediation recommendations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The majority of work is light to medium and may require routinely lifting or moving up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The selected candidate must be able to perform the duties of a rigorous work schedule which includes lifting, loading, and unloading, and pass a physical examination and drug screen certifying this ability
Comrise is the bridge to the first-rate talent for organizations that recognize the value of their workforce. With locations in the U.S., China, and Hong Kong, we help our clients reach far and wide for both local and international resources which yield the highest return on their human capital investments. Headquartered in New Jersey since 1984, Comrise is a staffing, consulting and enhanced search technology company. For over 30 years we have delighted our clients and consultants by focusing on customer satisfaction, innovation, and flexible workforce solutions. By combining our global networks with our outstanding local offices, Comrise provides high-quality executive search, temporary and temporary to permanent staffing solutions, and cross-border placement services.
Role: Fiber Optic Technician (14726)
Location: Point Mugu Nawc,
Apply for this job now.