The Director, Account and Card Services is responsible for the oversight and development of all card and account servicing operations for the credit union. Responsibilities include leadership, coaching and mentoring of staff, and delivering exceptional service and support to members and internal business partners. Leads the department in its ongoing development, implementation, and consistent adherence to policies, procedures, and workflows, ensuring that all process delivered by the department are highly efficient, accurate, and performed within regulatory guidelines and best practices in the financial industry. Develops and achieves all departmental and individual goals while providing strategic direction related to vendor management, business technology, project/program administration, functional training, and operational readiness functions. The role also ensures the effective management of business unit projects, capacity planning, production, and operations performance.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
- Lead the development of new, and improvement of, existing processes, and capacity planning tools and methodologies to ensure the business unit’s operational success.
- Ensure the business unit complies with all applicable credit union policies and government regulations and that its’ compliance programs are effectively meeting immediate and strategic requirements
- Ensure successful department audits, both internal and regulatory. Coordinate and delegate requests for document preparation, field questions related to policies and procedures, attend audit exit interviews and responds appropriately to comments and recommendations.
- Monitor and improve the efficiency, output and risk of processes through observations, collaboration with Operations Support, and other key metrics.
- Provide oversight on programs, staffing, organizational design, strategy, and budget planning to senior business unit management.
- Provide ongoing coaching, mentoring and training to develop and encourage employee performance. Meet with staff on a timely basis for the purpose of conducting performance evaluations, using BECU competencies as performance measures.
- Manage and monitor the business unit’s operations, including vendor/ business partner relationships and service level agreements.
- Leverage understanding of economic, regulatory, social, cultural and competitive developments as they affect products/lines of business in order to identify potential threats and opportunities.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Operations, or related field, or equivalent work or educational experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience required in leadership roles, and 10+ years functional experience in related fields (deposit or credit operations, process improvement or business re-engineering, and/or regulatory compliance).
- Experience leading large-scale project teams and managing vendor/outsource partners, including developing and managing Service Level Agreements, required.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, problem solving and project management skills.
- Proficient verbal and written skills required to effectively communicate and provide customer service required.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
From our very beginning, BECU has been about people helping people. As a financial services cooperative, our purpose has and always will be the same: we work together to best serve our members and improve the financial well-being of our community. More than 80 years and one million members later, we're still rooted in our values, practices and mission - and even more passionate about our future.
As one of the nation's leading credit unions, we're not driven by profit. We're owned by our members and their interests are at the core of everything we do. Now we're growing faster than ever before--but we'll never forget our roots. To continue doing right by our members, we believe we must first do right by our people. Here, you'll receive the resources and support you need to learn, grow and build a meaningful career. Because we know it's our people who make us special.
Role: Director, Account and Card Services
Apply for this job now.