The Huddle House Accounting and Finance team work closely together and with all departments to help achieve and exceed organizational goals. We provide support to all senior management. Our current focus is on growing the brand by expanding corporately owned restaurants and adding franchise partners that share our passion for providing good food at reasonable prices in a clean and friendly environment.
This person will actively work with management to produce KPI reporting for the Company Store Division. The staff accountant will be the first line of defense for detecting and preventing theft by performing daily cash audits and communicating the audit results to key managers. Daily credit card reconciliations will be done to detect underfunding of credit card receivables. The job includes weekly reporting that goes directly to senior staff. Monthly duties will include balance sheet reconciliation, journal entries, month-end closing, compiling and reviewing financials for accuracy.
· Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in accounting/finance
· Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities
· Excellent communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, indexing, etc.) Power Point
· Demonstrate ability to meet deadlines
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· Daily cash audits
· Weekly cash reconciliation
· Weekly credit card reconciliation
· Weekly monitoring and reporting of cash paid outs
· Monthly balance sheet reconciliation
· Monthly accrual recommendations
· Monthly sales tax reporting
· Perform month end close duties pertaining to company stores
· Compile and review Company Store Financials
· Manage calendar for reporting personal property taxes related to company stores
· Work with division managers on KPI reporting
· Manage calendar for business license renewals (includes timely completion of the renewals)
· Manage set up of bank accounts, utilities, phone, internet, cable, etc… for new company stores
Huddle House was founded in 1964 by John Sparks. Having already opened a few restaurants under various names, he needed a great name for his restaurant chain. One evening in Decatur, Georgia, he saw a boy meeting friends after football practice holding his helmet in one hand and a football in the other. It looked as if the group were "huddled up" talking and laughing together. It was at that moment he decided that Huddle House was the perfect name for the restaurant chain and it would be the place where folks would gather, or "huddle up," for great food and good times after Friday night football games. So, Huddle House, with its new name, was born.
Sparks continued to successfully build the Huddle House brand for many years by adhering to his core values of providing great service and serving quality food cooked-to-order so it's always fresh, hot and delicious.
Although Sparks' passion to serve quality food in a warm, friendly environment that brings folks together remains intact, much has changed since the first Huddle House opened its doors. New restaurants feature a look that's bright, colorful and reminiscent of America's classic neighborhood diners. The menu has grown to include a variety of breakfast, lunch, and dinner entrees that take their place beside the "House" classic favorites.
Huddle House is proud to have served guests "Any Meal. Any Time." for over 45 years and looks forward to serving you for many years to come.
Working at Huddle House Advantages
Competitive industry pay PLUS, bonus potential!
401k plans with company match
Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
Voluntary Benefits such as Short Term, Long-Term, Life, Accident, Critical Illness
Paid Holidays and PTO
Company Car for some positions!
Provided snacks, drinks and - of course - delicious Huddle House coffee!!
Role: Staff Accountant
Location: Sandy Springs,
Apply for this job now.