We are currently seeking a Senior Occupational Therapist Band 7 to join our team at Blackheath Brain Injury Rehabilitation Centre, located in South East London.
The centre provides a person-centred inpatient rehabilitation and care for male and female adolescents and adults (over 17 years) with a brain injury or other complex neurological condition.
Throughout their stay with us, our patients are encouraged to make individual choices about all aspects of life at the centre and to be as independent as possible.
The centre is located in South East London close to Blackheath and Lewisham, directly on the A2 with Greenwich, Lewisham and Blackheath stations all close by.
As a qualified Senior Occupational Therapist you will demonstrate established skills in the assessment and treatment of patients with neurological conditions in a Neurological Rehabilitation Setting. The successful candidate will join our experienced Occupational Therapy Team and work within the wider multi-disciplinary team.
Huntercombe can offer you a rewarding career where you will be valued as a key member of our team and every day you'll be able to make a difference to the lives of our patients and residents, supporting and encouraging them to achieve their goals and ambitions.
Most patients and residents are referred via NHS and local authorities. We play an integral part in contributing to new models of care outlined in the Five Year Forward View.
As a Senior Occupational Therapist Band 7 working in our Specialist Brain Injury and Neurological Care Service your main duties will be:-
- To work as part of Blackheath Brain Injury Rehabilitation Service multidisciplinary team for service users with complex acquired neurological impairments within an inpatient intensive rehabilitation setting
- To provide highly specialised assessment and treatment for patients with complex neurological conditions
- To support OT lead in departmental and service development projects
- To deputise for OT lead in their absence
- To undertake a significant clinical caseload to a high professional standard using evidence based practice
- To be responsible for supervision, education and assessment of Senior II Occupational therapists, rehabilitation technicians, volunteers and students
- To take a central role in develop projects, audits teams clinical practice
- To take a lead role in in-service trainings
- To be able to work as a named therapist
To join The Huntercombe Group as a Senior Occupational Therapist you will:
- Possess a recognised Occupational Therapy Degree Qualification or equivalent
- Be a HPC registered Occupational Therapist
- Be a Registered Member of the College of Occupational Therapist
- Evidence successful completion of relevant specialist short courses
- Hold a comprehensive knowledge of professional standards and clinical governance
- Have experience of working with adults with acquired neurological disorders
- Have experience of working in a multidisciplinary setting
- Demonstrate experience of organising and delivering therapy in group settings
- Have Experience of supervising junior staff
- Be flexible and adaptable, well organised and able to manage time and workload effectively in line with the n