Behaviour Support Assistant - Stockport
One of our Partner schools located in the north of Stockport are currently looking for a Teaching Assistant that specialises in behaviour management, you will be given the task of patrol around the school alongside working 1:1 with specific students.
You will also be working alongside a very experienced SENCO and SEN team, with the successful applicant monitoring a variety of students who may need more assistance controlling behaviour. Therefore, if you have any prior experience within Secondary schools or transferable behaviour management skills, please do make sure this is highlighted on your application. You will be given details of a specific group you will be working with alongside gaining a great understanding of the ability and temperament of different students.
Behaviour Support Assistant, the role will involve:
- Working alongside students who are disengaged from the mainstream process and the ability to implement strategic plans to re-engage these students.
- Monitoring students who are on 'report' - having regular daily check ins with these students.
- Communicating with parents and senior leaders whenever necessary.
- Identifying students who will require support to maintain engagement and ensuring that these pupils are suitably catered for.
- Working under the guidance of the school SENCO, formulating action plans for individual students.
- Managing the individual needs of students with SEN, including those who have difficulty behaving in the expected manner.
- Having regular meetings with teaching staff based on the pastoral requirements of students
- Pay: £10-15 hourly based on prior experience. (£325 - £375 per week)
- Located in Stockport, the school is easily accessible from all areas due to very close public transport links and the M60 motorway close for any car drivers.
You may be tasked with providing small group intervention, working with identified students and supporting the teacher for any activities taken place. There is a chance to work with students of all ages and abilities, includingKS3 and KS4 (years 7-11 and aged 11-16). If you do have any prior experience with tutoring or in supporting young people. Please do highlight this on your application and CV as this will be highly desirable to the school.