COMPANY: THOMSON LRC
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
SALARY: £Excellent + Benefits + Bonus + Pension
Exciting new role with a top tier UK national firm and an opportunity to join the high ranking banking & finance team based in their offices in Edinburgh.
- Working as part of a larger Finance & Projects Division, the Banking Group is a national team with significant resource out of offices in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, London, Leeds and Manchester. The Group acts for a wide variety of banks and financial institutions and also act for some of the Firm's corporate and property clients when they borrow. The Group as a whole has significant capability in Real Estate Finance, Corporate Banking (including Leveraged Finance), Derivatives, Structured and Debt Capital Markets.
- The Firm are looking for a Banking Associate to work on a variety of banking matters, including general corporate banking, leveraged and acquisition finance, real estate finance and structured finance, representing banks, financial institutions and corporate borrowers.
- This is a high performing, cohesive and busy team with excellent prospects for career development. You will handle your own matters (with supervision) and assist the Partners and Managing Associates on more complex matters. There may be opportunities for client secondments as your career with us progresses, within and beyond Edinburgh or Aberdeen.
- Suitable candidates will have strong academics and gained at least six months Banking and Finance experience during their training contract or post qualification.
- Along with excellent communication skills, we are seeking candidates with a good grounding in the basic elements of banking and finance law, a willingness to learn and develop commercial awareness, good social skills and plenty of drive and enthusiasm to help us to provide an excellent client service.
- In addition to this you should be able to demonstrate you are able to work as part of a team in a fast-paced, challenging environment, where you will be required to meet tight deadlines.
To discuss this role in confidence, to request the full job description or to apply, please contact:
David Thomson, Director
Tel: 0131 450 7164