Learning Support Assistant - SEMH Specialist
Are you passionate about supporting vulnerable students? Do you have experience supporting young people with SEMH requirements?
Our partner school in Worthing are looking to strengthen their support team with the addition of a Learning Support Assistant to primarily support their SEMH students. The role will commence from September.
Candidate requirements for this position:
- Experience supporting young people with SEMH requirements
- Experience supporting vulnerable children in another capacity e.g. mentoring, tutoring, support work, youth work, residential care, sports coaching
- Previous pastoral or intervention support experience would be ideal
- Ability to empathise with students and perform in stressful scenarios
- Child workforce DBS certificate on the update service/ eligibility to apply
- Suitable school or employment references with no safeguarding or disciplinary issues
The successful candidate will work to support SEMH students in the classroom alongside regular classroom teachers to help raise self-esteem, attainment and ensure no student falls behind their peers.
LSA's will also support vulnerable students in small group and 1-1 support sessions, working to provide pastoral support and academic intervention. The main goal of these meetings will be to raise student attainment and inclusion, as well as promoting positive decisions around behaviour, attendance and academic achievement.
Highlights of this position:
- Working with students with a spectrum of SEMH requirements: Depression, Anxiety, OCD, ADHD etc
- Often working to support other vulnerable students across school including SEN students, students displaying challenging behaviour, students from residential care/ youth work
- Supporting students in class and in small group/ 1-1 sessions alongside SENCo's and other support staff members
- Wages between GBP300 - GBP350 a week, paid weekly
If you would like to apply for the above, or would like to find out more, please feel free to contact Louis Harris on the details below.