Job Title: Junior Technician (Leisure)
Location: Swallows Leisure Centre / Sheppey leisure Centre
Hours: 28 hours per week between Monday to Friday + Call outs
Salary: £13,000 per annum + benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Swale contract, as we are looking to recruit for a Junior Technician to work alongside our senior technician between 2 of our sites which are Swallows and Sheppey Leisure centres.
The Technical Teams have a shared vision to ensure that the Leisure Centres are maintained to an excellent standard. For that to happen you will be tasked with maintaining the building on a planned preventative and reactive basis. To include building fabric and Mechanical Electrical tasks. You will also be responsible for arranging, assisting and monitoring any contractors required on site, as well as undertake any further duties or training as requested by the Technical Manager.
Serco Leisure prides itself on personal development, if you are the right candidate, we will work with you to develop skills and nurture talent. You will have opportunity to apply and achieve Serco approved training, by way of both Internal & External programmes. You will also receive a full company and structured technical induction with full support every step of the way to allow you to succeed in your new role.
We are committed to our values of Pride, Innovation, Care & Trust and we expect our employees to be walking, talking advocates of these. Every employee plays their part, working within a diverse and dynamic team in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
We pride ourselves on maintaining a “community feel” and you will become part of a wider team that works seamlessly together for the betterment of the customer experience.
The successful Junior Technician will ideally have:
- Craft Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and influencing ability to build and maintain strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to think creatively; identify requirements, design solutions and implement initiatives accordingly across the business
- Strong Knowledge of Systems and Processes used to maintain the facility.
- Ability to provide subject matter expertise and demonstrate knowledge of best practice
- Knowledge of planned preventive maintenance
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation
- You may be required to work outside of normal working hours and respond to out of hour’s emergencies, covering 5 days out of 7.
Meaningful and vital work: The nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters – delivering essential services that touch people’s lives.
A world of opportunity: Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You’ll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
Great people: We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You’ll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
What we offer:
- Access to Pool Plant, Acop L8, Pasma, Ipaf training
- Facility membership
- Staff Discount on Food & Beverage
- Access to regular Southern Cluster Social Events
- Pension Scheme
- Training & Development Opportunities
- Comprehensive workshop set up
- Uniform and PPE supplied
- Full support of the Southern Technical Team
- Access to employee discount & benefits scheme.
- And much more
Serco/Serco Leisure Operating Limited are appointed as the Trust’s Managing Agents. We manage the recruitment process and the Trust’s employees in the delivery of the service on their behalf. The Trust is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Recruitment Team on #removed# as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application. Applicants should be aware that in line with the company’s policy, employees will have a DBS check where appropriate.
*Google Chrome is the preferred browser to access Serco careers website*