Apartment Service Tech / Maintenance Tech- Property Maintenance- Colorado Springs, CO 80910- $13.00-$14.00/hour
Under the direction of the Service Manager will assist in maintaining the prompt completion of unit turns, service requests, preventative maintenance and overall operations for the property. This position will train toward promotion of either a Service Manager or Lead Service Technician.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Service Manager perform work necessary to maintain the property in an orderly, clean, and safe condition. This position requires on-call duties after hours, some weekends, and holidays to be split with other service personnel.
ORDINARY DUTIES: (includes but not limited to)
- Assist in maintaining preventative maintenance schedules and logs as well as other reports or inspections for property. To assist in maintaining and following all required MSDS procedures and logs.
- Help Service Manager keep accurate inventories of all parts, equipment, and supplies on the property. Maintain adequate stock amounts within budget restraints.
- Respond to emergency calls to repair or contract to repair items listed above when on-call.
- Life safety. Perform all work under safety procedures of the maintenance manual (i.e., protective gear such as gloves, shoes, eye shields, etc.).
- Respond in a timely manner to residents' service requests to repair or contract to repair items listed above.
- In all contact with residents and staff, produce a cheerful greeting and maintain a helpful attitude.
- Perform any duties assigned by your supervisor, whether or not it is a part of this job description. Remain flexible to job duty changes.
- Snow removal as needed utilizing snow blowers, shovels, salting equipment, etc.
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance program as directed and scheduled by supervisor including the inspection of and repair to HVAC, plumbing, electrical, roofs, gutters, windows, screens, concrete drain pans, doors, landscape areas, landscape drainage, asphalt, parking lots, sidewalks, lighting, building fascia, hand rails, stairways, sprinkler system, timers, recreational facilities such as pools and spas, appliances, etc., or when necessary, the contracting of such repairs.
- Perform any and all repairs in apartments to make ready for new move-ins or report repairs that need contracting to supervisor. This will include but is not limited to removing trash, painting, vinyl/carpet repair, vinyl replacement, etc.
- Daily inspect the property and report to Service Manager and/or Community Manager any necessary repairs, insurance liability, cosmetic deficiencies, or convey any information affecting the property.
- Complete education requirements for current position; take additional in-service classes both through local Apartment Associations, to improve mechanical skills sets and leadership skills.
- Immediate pick up of any type of litter from any exterior or common area to maintain sharp appearance.
- Perform any duties assigned by supervisor whether or not they are a part of this job description.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT USED:
- Snow Blower/Snow Removal Equipment
- Backpack Blower
- Hand Tools/Power Hand Tools
- Voltage Meter
- Industrial Cleaning Chemicals
- Cleaning Equipment
- Saws: Electric & Manual
- Caulk/Caulking Gun
- Ice Melt/Shovels
- Paint/Paint Brushes
- Pool Chemical Test Kit/Pool Equipment
- Key Machine
- Power Washer
PREFERRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS REQUIRED
- A minimum of two years' experience is required in apartment or related maintenance
- General knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, appliances, carpentry
- Being a positive team player.
- Preferred candidate is working toward or holds CAMT certificate, plumber's journeyman, EPA, CPO, etc.
- Maintains a neat, clean, well-groomed appearance; ask for a copy of the dress code.
- Exhibits a proven ability to work well with residents, co-workers, supervisor, company employees and vendors.
In 1998, Goodwill Staffing was launched to help bridge a sizeable gap between qualified job seekers and leading employers in need of experienced staff. Our full-service staffing agency specializes in temporary, temp-to-hire and direct placement in both the public and private sectors including screening, testing and administrative support. We even manage employers payroll ranging from time tracking to payroll distribution to tax reporting and filing.
Goodwill Staffing has extensive experience representing the healthcare, hospitality, construction, manufacturing and retail industries, among others, in addition to a wide range of general labor jobs. We also offer one of the most innovative and successful temp-to-hire conversion programs in the business.
Role: Apartment Service Tech / Maintenance Tech
Location: Colorado Springs,
Apply for this job now.