Title: Product Development Engineering Manager
Report to: Company President
Location: Davenport, IA
Job Summary: This role leads a team responsible for product development projects. In addition, the ideal candidate would manage the technical staff and coordinate efforts with the rest of organization to assist Hardi North America Inc in achieving overall Product Development objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for staffing and leading technical team, ensuring assigned project goals and objectives are achieved while following Hardi North America Inc’s established development procedures.
- Investigate, propose, and manage new product development efforts or product updates.
- Interface with other departments & management to communicate status of projects.
- Review technical reports and recommend modifications or adjustments in order to meet specifications.
- Assess equipment requirements to achieve objectives and facilitate budgetary planning.
- Coordinate with Marketing to create and release Product Requirement Documents for assigned product ideas.
- Responsible for forming cross-functional teams responsible for the overall management of development projects.
Education & Experience:
- 4 year degree in Engineering/Technology discipline such as Agricultural Mechanical Engineering or Contruction Equipment Mechanical Engineering or relevant technical discipline and 6+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, lead, and direct a team.
- Knowledgeable in business systems in manufacturing.
- Experience working with manufacturing process and standards in the US and International standards.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to drive for results
- Strong business communications skills with the ability to work in a team-based setting.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet).
- Strong Computer skills with ProE, and CAD software
- Mobile AG or Construction equipment engineering experience (Ag preferred)
- CAD drafting experience in Pro E (Pro Engineer) or Creo preferred
- Machine electrical systems design and/or electronic systems knowledge
- Electrical component functional knowledge, (harnesses, displays, controllers)
- FEM/FEA knowledgeable preferred.
- Experience in a equipment manufacturing environment.
- Experience with equipment manufacturing for Agricultural and/or Construction industry.
- Design and operational experience with self-propelled products is a plus
Ability to sit, stand and/or walk for 8 hrs/day
Hardi North America Inc is a leading manufacturer of Ag Spraying equipment with 60 years of proven product success in sprayer technology. Hardi North America Inc. continues to provide “state of the art” spraying equipment to all levels of the farming industry. The Hardi product lines ranges from small handheld sprayers used by gardeners and hobbyist to three point hitch, small, medium and large capacity trailer style sprayers, as well as self-propelled units for large acreage farm producers. Through an established dealer network, Hardi is expanding is product line to meet the needs of an ever changing Farm Agricultural economy.
Role: Product Development Engineering Manager
Apply for this job now.