Beacon Resources seeks a talented Accounting Manager to join a technology company in the Irvine area.
This Accounting Manager will take ownership of the Accounting function, performing full-cycle accounting, including management of all financial closes and reporting, journal entries, reconciliations, payables/receivables, payroll, and working with the CPA firm on audit and tax matters. The hired person will lead a team of 3 and be involved in costing and inventory management as well as assist the CFO with preparation of the annual budget. The client will consider a senior accountant for the role as well as a current Accounting Manager as long as you have supervised accounting professionals in the past.
For the accounting professional who wants to work at a breakout company with a relaxed, open vibe, we can help land this enticing opportunity for you. Should the company meet their financial targets, a promotion to Controller would be the trajectory.
DUTIES OF THE ACCOUNTING MANAGER
- Oversee all full cycle accounting functions (A/P, A/R, Payroll, Account Reconciliations, Bank Reconciliations, Journal Entries)
- Prepare monthly Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) reports
- Monitor inventory costs
- Manage company line of credit, based on the company's current Aged Trial Balance
- Prepare fixed assets reporting and balance sheet schedules, including prepaids and accruals
- Manage annual audits
- Set up and maintain internal and external accounting controls (defining accounting policies and procedures, establishing internal controls, and manage external audits (sales tax, personal property tax, workers compensation, etc.)
- Review expense reports
- Prepare monthly and year-end financial statements
- Supervise direct reports
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE ACCOUNTING MANAGER (REQUIRED)
- At least five (5) years of substantive General Ledger (G/L) accounting experience
- Bachelors in Accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting focus or equivalent work experience
- Consumer Products Goods (CPG) experience
- Previous managerial or supervisory experience
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE ACCOUNTING MANAGER (PREFERRED)
- Experience in an entrepreneurially-oriented, rapid-growth company
- System implementation experience a plus
SKILLS OF THE ACCOUNTING MANAGER (REQUIRED)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, IF Formulas) required
- Experience in QuickBooks
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task efficiently and take ownership as the go-to accounting professional in the company
- Detail oriented, with high level of ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate drive and enthusiasm
- Must be willing to develop and grow with the company and have the desire to take on more responsibility
Role: Accounting Manager
Apply for this job now.