The Technical Sales Consultant has responsibility for identifying and selling technology related service projects. These projects may consist of: site surveys, customer onsite equipment installations, customer onsite software upgrades, customer de-installations, and closings, on-demand move/add/change work orders, onsite troubleshooting, remote software installations or conversions, recycling services, chain-of-custody data destruction services, staff augmentation or depot repair service programs. The projects may be targeted anywhere in the USA. This position may have multiple incumbents and has no supervisory responsibility.
Head Office is based in Alpharetta Atlanta Georgia.
There may be cases in which the Technical Sales Consultant (TSC) may be developing new lines of business within new vertical markets, the position requires creativity, resourcefulness, and persuasiveness to earn the trust of new customers.
The Technical Sales Consultant:
1) Identifies service project opportunities by cold calling potential prospects;
2) Works with other sales staff to collaborate in identifying potential leads;
3) Participates in project meetings to learn more about the business and the customer problems that can be solved with the services we provide;
4) May work with project managers or technicians on projects to become more familiar with terms, techniques, and processes;
5) Identifies service project opportunities and engages the appropriate subject matter experts to schedule a timely follow-up call with the customer;
6) Updates all pertinent calls and correspondence in the CRM system to allow sharing of information and contacts;
7) Follows the company processes in pursuing sales opportunities, quotes, follow-up and any administrative procedures for creating sales orders, purchase orders or statements of work;
In simple terms, the Technical Sales Consultant must be able to identify an industry opportunity or problem, engage resources to develop a solution, sell it to the customer and coordinate with the project manager assigned to the project. The TSC must have an information technology background, understand desktop technology and be able to communicate clearly, orally and in writing, to establish credibility with customers with varying levels of technical skills. The TSC must be able to articulate the compelling differentiators and benefits of the solutions offered by the company and instill the confidence that we will reliably complete projects with cost-effective results. A self-starter with disciplined work habits, a competitive edge and desire to make money is likely to be highly successful in this position.
Desired Requirements include:
· Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Business or Project Management or equivalent industry experience
· Must have over 2 years of selling experience with technical products or services
· Conversant in current desktop technology environments
· Being able to identify opportunities to offer the company services
· Highly organized with strong attention to detail and accuracy
· Exceptional listening and people skills to establish a comfort level with prospects
· Ability to overcome objections, identify problems and expose potential risks
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products
This position is a salary position with most of the earning expected to be derived through commissions. Commission are open-ended and uncapped based on the gross profit of a sales originated; service projects identified by a salesperson and closed by the TSC are subject to split commissions. The initial salary range for this position is $50,000 to $60,000 based on prior sales experience or potential; a successful candidate would be expected to earn most of his/her compensation through additional sales commissions. A 401(k) program, as well as a variety of medical, dental, vision and insurance benefits, are available through the ADP Totalsource program. With vacation and holiday up to 20 PTO days for new employees.
A background check, drug screening, education verification, and employment verification check will be required.
Role: Account Executive/Sales in Technology Services
Apply for this job now.