Offering an excellent benefits package, flexible working, a friendly and supportive team, and opportunities for professional and personal development, we are looking for a Resettlement Broker to join our Resettlement team in Vauxhall.
The Forward Trust is a well-respected social enterprise with charitable status that empowers people to break the often interlinked cycles of crime and addiction and move forward with their lives. Our services have supported thousands of people to make positive changes and build productive lives with a job, family, friends and a sense of community.
What you will be doing?
The Resettlement Teamoffers support to RAPt graduates, people committed and engaged in a recovery pathway, ex-offenders and those with complex needs to transition and settle back into the community. Duties include:
- Working with landlords and referral agencies to source suitable, good quality properties in the private rented sector for a high level caseload of clients who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless
- Coordinating referrals, attending assessments, attending and arranging property viewings and tenancy sign ups
- Liaising with our mentors who provide mentoring support sessions to all clients to support them to sustain their tenancies
- Liaising between the client and the landlord, dealing with repairs, tenancy calculations, housing element of universal credit enquiries, DHP Payments, H&S checks, and other issues including monitoring of neighbour complaints
- Supporting the Resettlement team in daily collation of properties available and client waiting lists ensuring clients are allocated appropriately
- Maintaining good landlord relationships
- Ensuring that all property sourced meets health and safety standards and legal requirements
- Engaging in weekly duty allocation and property visits
- Ensuring clients are motivated and guided through the process
- Engaging in regular service audits
- Keeping the database up to date and accurate and managed in accordance with Data Protection Principles and law
Person specification - Resettlement Broker:
- Proven experience in a resettlement brokerage environment sourcing property for hard to help clients in the private rented sector
- Excellent understanding of the challenges caused by homelessness especially in London gained from either a hostel, supported housing or housing options capacity
- Good understanding of the benefits system, universal credit and the Homeless Reduction Act
- A considerate, hardworking and communicative individual
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement of properties, ideally with an estate agency or sales background
- Understanding of landlord needs and legislation
- Excellent case management skills
- Relevant IAG or CIH qualification is desirable but not essential