This is a permanent position with the largest shipyard and barge cleaning facility on the Gulf Coast. This company has been around since 1954 and is still growing at a fast pace. They provide a wide range of services including gas freeing and cleaning services, steaming and flaring services, barge and boat repair, surface preparation and painting, water treatment and new construction.
Looking for 100+ experienced welders in several different positions in the Channelview and Pasadena, TX. Must meet requirements below and be able to pass a welding test prior to employment. Pay ranges between $12.00- $19.00 an hour and welding test will determine pay. This position offers 10-20 hours of overtime a week. Night shift hours are Monday- Friday 3:30pm-12:00am (Overtime hours might require you to work until 2am and occasional Saturdays).
- Must have 1 year experience with stick welding
- Ability to repair improper welds
- Ability to perform basic fitting
- Ability to remove material using grinding process
- Ability to perform basic layouts (positioning and alignment)
- Capability to examine weld bead for acceptable attributes
- Knowledge shielded wire
- Ability to finish grind, surface finishing based on departmental requirements
- Knowledge of welding symbols
- Knowledge of fixtures required for area of responsibility
- Ability to tack weld
- Ability to fine tune voltage
- Ability to square parts
- Knowledge of AWS chart/steel tables
- Knowledge of and ability to use basic tools (tape measure squares, clamps, fillet gage, angle finder, etc.)
- Ability to follow company operating procedures, safety rules and ISO requirements
For Internal Use Only: welding; stick weld; metal; steel; aluminum; manufacturing; machines; machine; shipyard; ship yard
Job Type: Full-time
Role: Shipyard Welder (100+ Openings)$16.00 – $19.00 Per Hour
Apply for this job now.