Provides administrative support to District Office Sales Representatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Review all claims data and applications for completeness, including: confirming all required information is submitted, checking census information is consistent, verifying submitting agent is approved to do business
- Send completed claims data and applications to Underwriting and provide follow up to expedite the processing
- Review response from Underwriting and review required information with Underwriter and/or Sales Representative
- Will make calls to agents to request additional information and follow up on outstanding request
- Provide general clerical support for the office
- Answer the phone and provide assistance to agents and insured
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports
- Prepare group insurance rate and benefits quotes
- Coordinate any issued business with third party administrator
- Provide enrollment support for agents and the employer groups
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 2+ year of previous administrative or sales support experience within the health insurance industry
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- 2+ year of experience working within the mid-market/large group insurance space
- 1+ year of experience working with Microsoft Access
- Ability to make decisions quickly and effectively
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to work under pressure
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Ability to keep confidential information safe
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
• Paid Training
• Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
• Wellness Programs
• Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
• 401k w/ Company Match
• Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
• Employee Discount Program
• Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
• On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
• On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
• Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
Role: Sales Assistant
Location: West Chester,
Apply for this job now.