Newpark is changing the paradigm in the industries we serve, developing new ways to help customers drive operating efficiencies while working in harmony with the environment and improving community relations. Newpark is headquartered in The Woodlands, Texas, and serves North and South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Newpark provides leading edge matting solutions and worksite construction services to diverse industry segments around the world. Our flagship DURA-BASE® Advanced-Composite Mat System provides a heavy duty working platform for temporary work sites and access roads and is used for many other industry applications.
Coordinates and supervises activities of service and/or technical personnel by assignments, job or project management, administration and technical support. Responsible for single products/services in a single legal entity. Typically does not have budgetary responsibility. Monitors daily progress of job(s) and/or project(s) and interactions directly with customer representatives. Works independently under general supervision, requiring normal guidance and review. May provide some technical guidance and work direction to field staff. Handles special projects, as assigned.
This position will be located in New Philadelphia, OH, with day travel required to customer sites in the nearby region.
Essential Position Functions:
1. Provide oversight of personnel, mats, matting components and equipment at the work sites on a daily basis and vendor yards as necessary.
2. Provide leadership/technical knowledge to NMIS employees and/or vendors and assist them in the performance of their job tasks.
3. Perform required daily documentation to record job activity, tracking of mats and components, damage assessments and other reports as needed. Forward documentation timely to appropriate departments.
4. Complete all necessary safety documentation and record keeping and ensure adherence to JSA’s.
5. Serve as a model for employees and other personnel on maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination, escalating any potential issues to upper management.
6. Ensure the maintenance and proper treatment of capital equipment (including mats and matting components).
7. Direct contact with Customer Representatives to ensure the matting system, personnel and/or mat laying vendor, billing, and all other aspects of Customer Service are handled to the satisfaction of the Customer.
8. Continuously maintain and develop customer relations to increase penetration with existing customer and foster new business.
Education & Experience Requirements:
High School Diploma or educational equivalent. 5 years experience in an operations environment. Broad understanding of business line(s)/service(s) in an operational area or district. Thorough understanding of customer requirements. Thorough understanding of processes and procedures of the operating area. Proficient in the use of PC's. Ability to use skills, knowledge and techniques in problem recognition and solution development.
Newpark is changing the paradigm in the industries we serve, developing new ways to help customers drive operating efficiencies while working in harmony with the environment and improving community relations. Newpark is headquartered in The Woodlands, Texas, and serves North and South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our focus on technology enables us to continually shape a new and better world of drilling fluids and matting solutions, building on the strength of our flagship products - our Evolution® family of water-based drilling fluid systems and our premium DURA-BASE® advanced-composite matting system.
Role: Field Superintendent
Apply for this job now.