Objective: Perform duties to operate machining, stamping and forming equipment.
Duties: Work from instructions, prints and process specifications
1. Run multiple pieces of machinery simultaneously in an efficient and safe manner.
2. Independently set-up presses or partsformers or header machines at standard rate.
3. Independently troubleshoot and correct all machinery and process problems.
4. Set up and run soft grind and make necessary tool changes.
5. Operate coating line.
6. Perform necessary preventative maintenance on machines as required.
7. Move, load and unload materials as necessary.
8. Deposit scrap items in designated area.
9. Use die sets, material handling equipment, overhead cranes, automation feeder, and hand tools and various inspection devices.
10. Perform tool changes as required.
11. Perform material handling activities using equipment, including forklifts, according to appropriate guidelines and procedures.
12. Maintain correct concentration of soap to washer.
13. Retrieve coils from stock and load onto header/parts former as necessary.
14. Transport slugs to scales for weigh-in/inventory.
15. Maintain quality of production using SPC methods at all machines, make any necessary machine adjustments.
16. Perform necessary recordkeeping and paperwork.
17. Help train and assist operators as required.
18. Participate in team problem solving as part of the departmental continuous improvement process.
19. Use various testing devices and chemicals according to appropriate guidelines and procedures.
20. Understand and performs ISO 14001 work instructions as identified in, “ISO 14001 Work Instruction Assignments”.
21. Follow all safety rules and keep work area clean and in an orderly condition.
22. Wear all personal protective equipment as required by the safety policy.
23. Be responsible and accountable for the professional use of assigned work periods, machinery, equipment and tools.
24. Understand and perform to the BN Quality Policy taking pride in the products produced.
Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma, GED, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities. Must successfully complete the pre-hire math test.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience in machining, stamping or forming operations.
Skills & Knowledge: Forklift operation
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Physical Requirements: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for those with specific physical restrictions.
Physical requirements include: good speaking, hearing and vision ability, excellent manual dexterity, ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds occasionally.
Working Conditions: Work is performed in a typical manufacturing environment with exposure to several elements continuously present to the extent of being objectionable including heat, dirt, grease, oils, fluids and noise. Full-time position. May require overtime and weekend hours.
Burgess-Norton Manufacturing Company, a subsidiary of AMSTED Industries Inc., is the world’s largest manufacturer of piston pins and a leading producer of powder metal parts. Burgess-Norton, an employee-owned company, operates seven facilities around the world to serve its global customers in the automotive and truck markets. Founded in 1903, Burgess-Norton has established a global reputation for highly engineered, innovative solutions.
Role: Forming Operator (Extrusion)
Apply for this job now.