Spire London East Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Nurse/Junior Sister on the Surgical ward working night shifts 20.30pm - 08.00am.
Spire London East Hospital (formerly Spire Roding) is located in Redbridge, on the borders of East London and Essex. We offer comprehensive private hospital services, ranging from outpatient clinics and physiotherapy to surgery and diagnostic tests in a relaxed, clean and comfortable environment.
The hospital has 24 inpatient beds and 16 day case rooms called 'pods'. Facilities include 4 operating theatres of which 3 are Laminar Flow, an endoscopy suite (JAG accredited), 2 extended recovery unit, pharmacy, x-ray, outpatient and diagnostic facilities.
Duties and responsibilities
The Hospital covers a wide variety of surgical procedures, you will take charge on the night shifts assessing patient's health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload, assisting in the delivery of care to meet the patient's needs. You will actively promote best practice and contribute towards quality improvements, collect collate and organise data, interpret all of the information and make a justifiable assessment, making this available to relevant others.
Who we're looking for
- Be NMC registered - your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions
- Have a minimum of 2 years' experience as a Senior Nurse
- Have been employed in a surgical setting for a minimum of 24 months
- Excellent communication skills, along with being organised and can showcase excellent patient care.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays (This will increase to 35 on 1 st Jan 2020)
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Carly on [... Click Apply...]or [... Click Apply...] For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.