Grand Itasca Clinic & Hospital, a part of Fairview Health Services, is currently seeking a dedicated Clinica Laboratory Assistant to join our team! A long-tenured management team that takes a personal interest in every employee is one of the many advantages you'll find here at Grand Itasca Clinic & Hospital.
POSITION: Clinical Laboratory Assistant (CLA)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Casual
WORK SCHEDULE: Days, Evenings
JOIN OUR TEAM:
Nestled in the heart of the Northland, Grand Itasca Clinic & Hospital is the dominant provider of primary care services in the local and surrounding area to include roughly 50,000 people. We're a non-profit organization with a clear vision of being the leader in transforming rural health care by achieving the highest levels of quality, access, and value. Our strength stems from teamwork and collaboration among a talented and diverse group of professionals. With over 600 employees in hundreds of different roles, Grand Itasca can offer a variety of career opportunities.
The CLA is responsible for assisting laboratory staff in routine moderate complexity testing used to diagnose and treat disease.
1. Collects laboratory specimens and places laboratory orders when appropriate.
2. Processes all specimen types to prepare for testing.
3. Performs and reports waived laboratory test results to include quality control.
4. Ensures that waived testing results are reported correctly and seeks help when corrective action is needed.
5. May be involved with phlebotomy training when appropriate.
6. Follows laboratory and /or laboratory supervision direction.
7. Completes annual competency.
8. Competent with the LIS and EHR systems.
9. Understand and use scientific and technical language and symbols.
10. Recognize slight differences in shape, color, and texture.
11. Use eyes, hands and fingers to operate delicate and sensitive equipment.
12. Work precisely and accurately.
13. Follow technical instructions which may be oral, written, or in the form of charts or drawings.
14. Use measurable and verifiable information for making decisions or judgments.
1. Completion and certification in a dental assistant, phlebotomy, certified nursing and/or laboratory assistant program OR in a current clinical laboratory rotation OR holds a BS degree in a related medical field with includes laboratory experience required.
2. Good interpersonal communication skills
3. Demonstrated ability to follow and adhere to Grand Itasca Clinic and Hospital policies, vision, mission and values.
4. Maintains reliable and consistent attendance
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.Job Posted by ApplicantPro