Are you a self motivated, professed plant nerd? Do you strive to deliver an amazing experience to customers? Do you love to work independently? Then this is the place for you! We’re looking for a Horticultural Technician to join our team to help with the coordination and maintenance of plants and horticultural products for our clients.
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring that our clients plant installations are prepared and maintained on a consistent basis. You will maintain a route of clients by traveling to their locations to water, prune, and performer general maintenance of their plantscapes. In short, you’ll be the front line face of Planterra by delivering an amazing experience to our clients and their horticultural needs.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Delivering an amazing customer experience in a professional manner.
- Receiving, unloading and unpacking plants for client locations.
- Selecting, cleaning and preparing plants for installation routes.
- Making deliveries of new installation work orders and/or replacement work orders.
- Caring for tropical plants, flowers and trees.
- Pruning, watering, fertilizing, cleaning and identifying plants pests and diseases.
- On a seasonal basis assisting with delivery of holiday foliage and décor.
- Other activities as needed
What You’ll Bring:
- Desire to go above and beyond for customers to deliver an amazing and professional experience.
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet in a professional manner as issues arise.
- Self motivation and willing to work independently on a consistent basis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to maintain schedules and be prompt to job sites and with all responsibilities.
- Experience and/or desire to work with plants and in a horticultural atmosphere.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work well in teams, independently as well as with clients and vendors.
- A valid Michigan driver’s and a clean driving record and reliable transportation required.
- Ability to lift 10 lb. water buckets and/or load and unload 50-75 lb. plants and containers throughout the day.
- Able to climb ladders and have good dexterous use of both hands. Must be able to use scissors, pruners, hand saws, hoses and other small tools.
- Ability to apply leaf cleaners and insecticides using hand-held pump sprayers.
- Available to work days, nights, and weekends as needed.
- Ability to work in humid and hot conditions
What You Can Expect:
- Flexible work schedule
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid training
Think you have what it takes? Then submit your resume today!
With over 40 years of experience, Planterra’s team of botanical stylists and display designers work on a wide variety of projects spanning workplace plantscaping to custom built atrium designs and everything in between. Our beautiful glass conservatory also serves as a garden retail store and special event venue. Learn more about plant rental services, our company and the many things we do!
Role: Horticulture Technician
Apply for this job now.