Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Red River Waste Solutions is a people company that solves waste problems. RRWS needs to add key members to our team. We are a diversified service contract organization throughout the U.S. that works with all levels of the government. Regional Managers are responsible for the adherence to operating standards, the development of supervisory goals and objectives, and the management of labor hours and disposal expenses. This position oversees all operational aspects of the hauling business within a location. In-depth knowledge of all aspects of disposal hauling vehicles including front loader, rear loader, side loader, semi-automated, and fully automated trucks. Regional Managers implement operating procedures and ensure standards are met. The hours and physical demands may vary by location. Broad and demonstrated knowledge of initiating cost containment strategies within operation management.
- Safely perform all tasks in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the location and provide leadership and support to managers in ensuring quality and budget performance.
- Manage staff, including hiring, training, performance management, counseling, safety, etc.
- Interact with customers and local, state, and federal government employees to resolve customer service concerns, and ensure regulatory compliance standards are met.
- Manage processes and resources to meet productivity and efficiency goals.
- Conduct investigations for accidents, incidents, and property damage claims completing accurate and detailed reports, and necessary follow-up.
- Oversee personnel needs of the operation to ensure an adequately trained workforce to meet collection requirements is maintained.
- Work with the maintenance/mechanic department to monitor and improve fleet utilization, repair, and maintenance costs.
- Monitor and enforce quality and safety standards and ensure all compliance goals are met or exceeded.
- Participate in regular P & L reviews to ensure that budgets are met.
- Develop and implement programs for optimal equipment utilization, maintenance and labor, and material costs.
- Approve expenses and manage the budget for the operations department.
- Formulate short- and long-term goals and action plans with the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
- Prepare and present reports, as necessary.
- Maintain proper records and files including all compliance and personnel records.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by performing and communicating in a manner that promotes good relationships with employees, co-workers, and management.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Knowledge of the waste industry and hauling operations.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and requirements (DOT, OSHA).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have previous management experience.
- Must have experience in the waste industry.
- Thorough understanding of routing and contract requirements.
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical, critical thinking, and decision-making skills.
- Computer skills; proficient in Windows and Microsoft applications.
- Excellent customer service and personnel management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct large staff.
- Process and results-oriented with a commitment to organizational success.
- Ability to prioritize work and the placement of personnel, equipment, and material.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department, or line of business.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- High school diploma or equivalent, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in transportation/fleet management.
- Valid Driver's License - Class B CDL preferred, minimum.
- Valid DOT Medical Card preferred.
- Must not have any DUI's or OVI's within the last 5 years.
- No more than 3 moving violations within the last 3 years.
- Must complete pre-employment testing.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules including weekends and holidays and be available to always address operational issues by phone.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity, and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Red River Waste Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.