Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £48,500 - £55,000 per annum, Inc benefits
Interested in Data Protection, IP and contract drafting? If so, this role is perfect for you!
We are currently looking for an experienced Commercial Lawyer/Solicitor to join our fast paced but friendly Commercial & Technology Team with a Well- Established firm based in Reading!
Our clients include global and international companies with regional headquarters based in the UK or mainland Europe; mid-market UK companies and fast-growing and entrepreneurial businesses. In particular, we provide legal services to the UK/EMEA operating entities of US-owned companies. For many clients we act as external, and often sole, legal counsel providing day-to-day advice on commercial contractual matters and data protection.
You will be covering:
- Commercial contracts, frequently with an international aspect
- Technology contracts (including SaaS agreements, website and app development and hosting agreements)
- Digital media and Ecommerce
- Marketing, advertising and sponsorship
- Data Protection
- Data licensing and commercialisation
- Intellectual property management, commercialisation, protection and enforcement
- Advising on strategic business projects e.g. operations structuring, investment planning, international expansion
What we are looking for:
- Excellent training and knowledge of a broad range of commercial issues, including contract law, data protection, intellectual property and competition law
- Excellent skills in legal analysis with the aptitude to apply them to commercial reality and to deliver pragmatic advice
- Significant drafting experience
- A desire to understand clients’ businesses and goals and to build long term client relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to provide clear & concise advice in plain English and to articulate complex legal concepts in a comprehensible manner for lay business people
This role is a Hybrid role with potential of remote working!
If this role sounds of interest please send your CV to !