Performs skilled work in repair, maintenance and installation of heating, HVAC system, ventilating, air conditioning equipment and systems. Assists in installing , diagnosing, maintaining and repairing HVAC equipment and system. Installs, maintains and repairs computerized electronic devices related to HVAC control.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain, install, and repair air conditioning, ventilation and heating systems.
- Troubleshoot issues with a current system as they are noticed.
- Conduct performance tests with specialized tools and adjust system settings to keep temperature comfortable in the home or office.
- Categorize and organize inventory to limit unnecessary losses to the company.
- Testing systems to ensure proper air quality and temperature.
- Installation of HVAC systems.
- Maintenance of HVAC systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Ability to troubleshoot HVAC systems
- Thorough understanding of heating, cooling, and refrigeration
- Ability to use tools associated with the trade
- Blueprint reading
- Current driver’s license
- Required state licensing for HVAC technicians showing state exams were passed
- Must be able to operate small power equipment, work outdoors, and work from heights using scaffolds and ladders.
- Communicate effectively, follow instructions, and work independently.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Texas Racing Commission license is REQUIRED.
- Must be safety conscious and in good physical condition
- Must be able to commit to assigned schedule and work well under pressure of a fast-paced environment.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college/technical; and 3 years related experience and/or training; or combination.
- Close Vision/Distance Vision/Peripheral Vision
- Lifting/Moving up to 50 lbs.
- Moderate Noise
- Wet, Humid
- Equipment in motion
- Outside Weather
Role: HVAC Technician
Apply for this job now.