Title: Bell Staff
Division: Hotel - Rooms
Department: Front Desk
Reports to: Front Office Manager
Starting Wage: $7.25 + tips
Escort arriving and departing guests with a friendly and courteous manner to and from their accommodations, transporting their luggage. Acquaint each guest with room and features. Valet guest's cars.
The incumbent is authorized to take reasonable action necessary to carry out assigned duties and responsibilities, provided such action is consistent with position guidelines as outlined below or though the exercise of sound, reasonable judgment and initiative in the performance of job responsibilities.
Position guidelines include, but are not limited to, established company and department policies and procedures and all supervisory directives.
Summary of essential job functions
1. Retrieve guest items from cars, busses, cars and carts
2. Grasp lift, carry and load luggage and packages onto a bell cart to transport items throughout hotel to designated room
3. Read and match luggage tags, write claim tickets and detach portion to give to guest
4. Valet guest cars
5. Organize and store luggage as necessary in designated areas
6. Instruct guests on how to use television, pay movies, and how to use the AC
7. Escort customers to accommodations, visually inspect room and telephone any deficiencies such as towels to housekeeping immediately
8. Supply guest with Ice before leaving the room
9. Provide safe transportation to and from the airport and local restaurants/attractions within 3 miles of the hotel.
1. High school diploma preferred
2. Must be at least 25 years of age
1. Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs
2. Ability to understand and follow written and or verbal instructions
3. Ability to communicate effectively in English
4. Ability to deal with internal and external customers
5. Ability to stand, walk continuously throughout shift
6. Sufficient dexterity to be able to load and unload luggage
7. Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances on property
8. Currently have AND maintain valid state issued drivers license with no more than 1 moving violation within the last three years.
Lubbock's Premier Downtown Hotel
The brightest star on Lubbock's metropolitan skyline, the Overton Hotel & Conference Center, is conveniently located in the heart of the Hub City just steps from Texas Tech University. Artfully designed with an emphasis on stylish, modern spaces with a kick of sophistication and Lone Star State sass. The 15-story landmark hotel is glamorous yet grounded, capturing the rich heritage and friendly unpretentious attitude that make West Texas a mecca for modern-day cowboys, country musicians and the state's most accomplished winemakers.
Apply for this job now.