We are seeking a Project Manager to join our team!
Reports to the Project Executive. First line/single point of responsibility for the overall planning, management and close-out of the project. Prepares scopes of work, schedules, requisitions, project management status and reports for executive review. Works to ensure project is built per contract documents. Oversees the day to day activities of construction projects to ensure sub-trades are bought out, and on site with required materials and equipment on time. Communicates directly with owners, designers and contractors concerning project costs, budget, schedule, RFI’s, submittals, deliveries, construction and staffing levels. Assists in setting and tracking of project schedule and budget goals.
- · Prepare project schedules and budgets, including General conditions budgets, and cash flow projections.
- · Prepare scope changes and change orders in accordance with approved project budgets.
- · Review sub-contractor schedules in accordance with project schedules.
- · Review sub-contractor requisitions in accordance with approved schedule of values.
- · Prepare project payment applications prior to submission for approval.
- · Prepare reports to clients on all aspects of project progress.
- · Meet regularly with subcontractors to discuss performance issues and scheduling and payment concerns.
- · Monitor construction to ensure projects are built on schedule, within budget, and highest quality.
- · Keep Project Executive abreast on any issues encountered.
- · Work closely with Project Accountant assigned to project, fully comply with ACR process.
- · Oversee Assistant Project Managers and Administrative Assistants
- Provide input to Project Executives regarding performance evaluations of team members and make recommendations for salary increases and/or promotions.
- · Conduct team meetings with entire team to discuss project status.
- · Serves as a mentor to Assistant Project Managers.
- Previous experience in Construction Managementi
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong leadership qualities
Hudson Meridian Construction Group (HM) is a leading construction services firm offering a unique combination of construction expertise. Ranked among New York City's Top 100 Contractors and among the nation's Top 400 firms, HM is recognized as an award-winning construction manager involved in both new construction and restoration of residential, cultural, and public sector projects ranging from public housing and new luxury residential high-rises to adaptive re-use of industrial buildings. HM is also active in the field of health and continued care, marine, and educational facilities. Other areas of construction include commercial offices, retail/hospitality, and transportation.
Role: Project Manager
Location: Lower Manhattan,
Apply for this job now.