Our Specialist Private Sector team are experienced in a range of different markets including Banking, Insurance, Retail, Travel, Transport and Utilities. We help our customers develop, deliver and operationalise their digital transformation strategies. We work in true partnership with our customer, gaining a deep understanding of their business and technology issues.
Our capabilities and credentials across Private Sector markets enable the design, delivery and management of business transformation programmes. We help our clients respond to changing customer demands, keep ahead of the competition, and safeguard their systems from evolving business and technology risks.
The day job
Through your role in our Digital Technology team, you will take responsibility to contribute to our clients’ digital transformation initiatives, enabling more informed and timely use of data for business decisions and operations, in turn driving enhanced customer interactions and experiences.
Our team is unique in the financial services industry in that they have end-to-end responsibility for data which encompasses multi-channel customer contact, adopt prescriptive, adaptive, and automated analytics, exposure to leading edge technologies and agile business change delivery. We are seeking experienced an innovative people with either Banking or Financial Services exposure where you understand regulated environments/processes.
- Deliver high quality, clear and accurate current state management information within agreed timescales
- Input into quality business solutions, encompassing analytic pipeline solutions
- Typically work independently on single or multiple projects or small components (workstreams) of larger projects that are multi-disciplined
- Utilise your expert knowledge and experience using technologies which include SQL, SAS, Teradata, Hadoop and Python to interrogate data for investigative use cases both within a project lifecycle and as a business outcome
- Liaise with various Stakeholders at all levels to ensure detailed business requirements&project status updates.
- Understand business processing within heavily regulated environments.
You need to have:
- Data Analysis for Analytical extractions, manipulation and wrangling using applicable technologies
- Experience of delivery in a fast paced agile business change environment
- Demonstrable experience of business analysis methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication and engagement skills
- Deep understanding of data quality and data governance
It would be great if you had:
- Regulatory processing experience
- Hadoop / SAS / Tableau / Python / Spark
- Experience in a financial services/banking environment (preferred)
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we’re looking for, please do apply, we’d love to hear from you!
Full time permanent, Part time permanent, Fixed term contract
Location UK wide
Security Clearance Level PES4
Internal Recruiter Leanne
Salary £40,000 TO £50,000
Benefits 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
We are driving the change in the future way of working at Sopra Steria and as a result, we are able to offer hybrid working patterns to employees. This allows our people to gain the right balance between their work and home life. It is important that people feel valued as part of our organisation with wellbeing being at the heart of what we do.
We are also keen to explore either part-time or more flexible working hours.