Southwark Council are seeking to recruit a Team Manager to join a well-managed team in Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children. The successful candidate will be working in a well-structured, organised team who are growing their social worker staffing levels.
Southwark pay close attention to looking after their workers and strive to ensure they feel supported and welcomed in their roles. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a stable working environment with experienced leadership, whilst receiving regular supervision, training opportunities and career progression.
The responsibilities of the Team Manager includes:
- Able to take a child centred systemic approach.
- Must be able to prioritise performance, have personal high standards, able to motivate staff also ensure compliance and performance standard.
- Work with management team whilst understanding that demonstrating impact and outcomes are priority.
- Significant familiarity with legislation guidance and best practice.
- Working alongside colleagues to ensure outcome including Asylum claims, regulation of status and other legal outcome achieved.
- Identifying where drift has taken place and taking decisive and informed action to address it.
- Lead on best practice with UASC and former UASC.
- Assisting and development of operational policy and procedure.
- Learning and development of colleagues undertake and advise on completion of High quality Age Assessment and Human Rights Assessments undertaken by social workers/line management specialist social worker.
- Work with key partners and develop relationships.
- Understand referral pathways.
- Assistance with data collection and quality assistance for the Asylum grant claims.
To ideal candidate will have:
- HCPC registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Social Work qualified (MA/BSc/DPSW/CQSW/MSc/BA)
Working with Ackerman Pierce you will be guaranteed weekly payment and access to continued profession development, including a dedicated consultant to support you through the interview and on boarding process. The position offers an ongoing contract and well-funded team giving good job security.
To discuss this vacancy or any similar vacancies we currently have available in London, please email your updated CV or contact Carmen Thong for more information.
Role: Team Manager - Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children's Team
Apply for this job now.