4/4 Nights Customs Clerk - VR/22424
The Company & Role:
Our client, a leading international freight forwarder, is looking for a 4/4 Nights Customs Clerk for their team in Dover, to manage activities which will be directly related to existing clients transportation and be responsible for customs management.
Working hours are a 4 on, 4 off nightshift pattern.
Duties of the 4/4 Nights Customs Clerk:
- Preparation and processing of import/export customs declarations and clearance
- Customs import/export entry checking
- Deal with all enquiries and queries quickly and efficiently relating to customs procedures, tariff classifications, duty rates and any other documentation requirements
- Liaise with importers/exporters and others to obtain mandatory information for import and export entries
- Deal with any customs related complaints
- Maintain data integrity on all systems
- Liaise with key customs partners
- Support and advise all customers whilst ensuring the company is fully compliant with the requirements of HMRC and other relevant bodies
Competencies & Skills required for the 4/4 Nights Customs Clerk role:
- Previous experience as a customs clerk is essential
- Experience of using customs software is essential
- Good understanding of the law and regulations surrounding customs clearance requirements
- Experience in road transport, logistics or haulage is desirable
- IT Skills: Customs documentation, Outlook, Word, Excel
- Organisational Skills: Task prioritisation, Systematic approach, High volume experience
- Customer Service Skills: Customer focus, Excellent telephone manner
- Motivational: Focused & self-motivated, Task completion/tenacity, Close supervision not required
In return, the successful candidate will receive a salary of 23-28k depending on experience.
If you're interested in this 4/4 Nights Customs Clerk role, click 'Apply Now', or email our Shipping team on #removed#
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering road, sea and air freight imports and exports as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience.
If you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight forwarding industry then please contact us to see if we can assist you finding your next career move.