At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Buyer to join the Data Communications Division Team in New London, CT, Albia, IA, El Paso, TX, or Dayton, OH. The Buyer is responsible for reviewing and analyzing purchase requisitions for actual need, place purchase orders as needed, and monitor the product, program, and/or project from initiation through delivery. Buyer will also cultivate relationships with vendors to meet lead time and service level assignments.
What Will You Do?
- Review and analyze purchase requisitions frequently
- Review demand and adjust purchase quantities if needed, place purchase orders according to the agreed price.
- Close communication with customer service where expedited parts are required including the transfer to drop ship (direct from vendor to customer) to reduce the lead time on delivery.
- Process drop ship purchase orders from requisition, production of packing slip, receipt of purchase order and providing tracking to customer service.
- Work with Technical Support and Quality regarding Technical Support (TS) reports particularly on missing part replacement.
- Work with receiving departments in the respective warehouses, distribution centers or manufacturing facilities to address receiving issues.
- Work to maintain service levels (Line Fill /Order fill) to the current company goals
- Maintain stock turns for their planner codes to achieve the company targets
- Update and maintain MRP system daily to reflect the latest delivery promise date from the vendor, including maintaining the Late Order report.
- Work with Accounting/Finance on any vendor invoice issues
- Report on vendor performance, responsiveness and adherence to promise dates
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years of experience in purchasing and material planning
- Associates degree in business or related or Bachelor's degree
- Purchasing and material planning in a manufacturing environment
- Hands-on experience with SAP
- Hands-on experience with Material Requirements Planning (MRP)
- Six Sigma/DMAIC knowledge/application
- Maintain demand stream and system parameter aspects of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Ensure all schedules are aligned to meet customer requirements.
- Ensure material availability (components and final assemblies) for designated areas.
- Analyze inventory levels and determine actions to either reduce or increase levels.
- Requires strong organizational and time management skills and close attention to detail.
- Able to effectively manage multiple priorities and respond quickly to new opportunities in a fast-paced environment. Must be proficient in negotiation and influencing skills.
- Exceptional computer skills including but not limited to extensive knowledge of emailing and calendaring, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and data base software using Microsoft Office (with Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint), SAP and other business applications and programs.
- Must be highly collaborative and able to work in a team based environment.
- Must have strong analytical skills and proven ability to effectively research and summarize information in an effective manner and make recommendations based upon analysis.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization. Must be an effective listener, able to maintain focus, extract necessary information and validate understanding of the information.
- Demonstrates ethical behavior as a sourcing professional
The environment is primarily in an office with low to moderate noise levels. Generally required to use office equipment such as printers and copiers. Lifting is usually limited to paper products and occasionally, will be required to lift boxes, but not to exceed 25 lbs. Sitting is very frequent, with walking and standing is common.
**Please apply using the following link**
Every single day, Legrand brings power, light and data to millions of spaces around the world. Legrand is a global, publicly-traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with 36,000 employees worldwide, a market cap of $16B, revenue of more than $5 billion, with products sold in 180 countries. Legrand is listed on the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the world’s best employers. For more information, visitlegrand.com.
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000 associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories (Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA offers distinctive benefits like high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active women’s network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growth company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visitlegrand.us.
About Legrand’s Data Communications Division
Legrand is a leader in network infrastructure solutions, with products designed to support data centers, building networks and audio/video applications. Legrand ensures maximum productivity in office and campus environments by providing reliable network and A/V infrastructure. Our connectivity, physical infrastructure and cable management solutions support building networks with designed-in efficiency, seamless integration and flexibility to meet changing space demands of your space. Legrand also delivers comprehensive network infrastructure to meet the expanding requirements of today’s data centers, with a range of connectivity, physical infrastructure, cable management, power and cooling solutions. These systems support next generation technologies with flexibility for future growth and energy and installation efficiencies, united by superior design.
For more information, visit legrand.us/datacom
Equal Opportunity Employer
Every day, Legrand brings power, light and data to millions of spaces around the world. Legrand is a global, publicly-traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with 36,000 employees worldwide, a market cap of $16B, revenue of more than $5 billion, with products sold in 180 countries. Legrand is listed on the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the world’s best employers.
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000 associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories (Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA offers distinctive benefits like high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active women’s network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growth company with tremendous opportunity.
About Legrand’s Lighting Sector
Through Pinnacle, Finelite, and OCL, Legrand designs and manufactures high performance, environmentally sustainable lighting solutions and products for commercial, educational and healthcare facilities. We work with leading architects and contractors to supply systems and products. We employ a talented group of lighting engineers and designers who work with the latest technologies, using cutting-edge tools to create fixtures which are unique and built to last. Our products offer the design professional a complete palette of integrated products that breathe life into architectural spaces for design that lasts. Legrand’s specification grade products are suited for a broad range of applications, and the integrated product line allows designers to create multi-level lighting scenarios using various luminaires from an extensive offering.
Visit us at:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for this job now.