Company: CHADS DESIGN BUILD
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Chads Design Build
Project Manager/ Estimator
Do you want to work for a right-sized Remodeling Company that values your work-life balance just as much as your excellent craftsmanship and reliable customer service? Chads Design Build is an enjoyable place to work because we know that it is important to celebrate and reward enthusiasm and passion. Chads Design Build provides terrific benefits and compensation along with exceptional team support and opportunities for personal growth.
We are seeking a Residential Construction Project Manager/Estimator for diverse quality home remodeling projects. The Project Manager/Estimator should be an experienced and effective individual that can lead field production efficiently while dealing in a professional and conscientious manner with high-end clientele. We need a personable and proactive team leader to own this position. The Project Manager/Estimator will ensure our projects are completed on time and on budget while maintaining our standard of quality projects completed for satisfied clients. If your past two supervisors would rate you as a 9 or above on a scale of 1-10 where 10 is excellent then we want to hear from you.
As Project Manager/Estimator, you will oversee project planning, manage company resources and track deadlines. You will create and track benchmarks for labor and material resources. You will execute plans within budget and track the scope of work for multiple projects. You will estimate project costs and provide effective cost analysis to the Chads Design Build team to enable successful project completion. You should enjoy the challenge of resolving project issues.
You may be running several projects at one time. This position requires that all project work is executed in a timely manner and within the projected budget. The strategic planning ability to track material procurement and monitor labor activities is a must. The ability to foresee potential issues and effectively manage conflicts to ensure timely project completion is also a must.
The Project Manager/Estimator must consistently inform the Chads Design Build team of project detail updates and evaluate the effectiveness of the project plan to keep tasks completed in a timely manner. A great project manager motivates and directs their team to ensure the delivery of a successful project on time and on budget to happy clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize the full scope of the project to determine and define the best plan to complete each task effectively
- Coordinate material procurement so materials are on location when needed and running to obtain materials is kept to a minimum
- Manage project construction schedules and activities to anticipate problems and proactively find solutions
- Hire and manage carpenters with cooperation and oversight of lead carpenters
- Ensure work is done in compliance with all relevant building and safety codes and secure permits
- Coordinate with independent contractors to efficiently manage our production schedule to ensure timely completion of work
- Manage subcontractor/supplier relationships and ensure payment for services is processed in a timely manner
- Maintain quality execution with clear job tracking, return unused materials and keep job sites orderly
- Return materials not needed in a timely manner and maintain proper and accurate account credit
- Coordinate job completion efforts across entire project between architects, designers, engineers, carpenters, and subcontractors as job scope requires
- Ensure all site policies and standards are adhered to, especially safety and cleanliness standards
- Provide feedback to Chad regarding processes, procedures, and employee performance to improve the overall building experience for both our team and our clients
- Coordinate with suppliers and order construction materials in a timely fashion
- Inspect all deliveries promptly, ensure the materials are the correct quantity and specifications match what was ordered, and arrange proper placement at the job site
- Monitor quality of all workmanship in detail and scope, and stop work when necessary to provide training to team members and independent contractors as needed
- Manage communications between team members and independent contractors and suppliers
- Use creative, efficient, and effective problem-solving skills to resolve construction and budget issues
- Provide regular communication with homeowners through CoConstruct to inform them of progress and schedule status of their renovations and maintain goodwill throughout the construction process
- Ability to read, understand, and explain construction blueprints and floor plans
- Must possess extensive expertise in and current knowledge of standard construction practices
- Proven ability to deliver construction projects on time and on budget
- Ability to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction, even for demanding clients
- Extensive and current knowledge of industry safety practices
- Must possess excellent computer skills and have proficiency using Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint familiarity with QuickBooks is a plus
- Willingness to learn new software as required and motivation to master software programs as necessary to facilitate business requirements
Qualifications for Residential Construction Project Manager/Estimator:
- Bachelor's degree in Building Construction, Construction Management, Civil Engineering or Architecture. A skilled tradesman with exemplary and extensive supervisory experience may be considered.
- 5-7 years of experience in construction for a custom home builder/remodeler.
- Comfortable reading and understanding blueprints and drawings
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with strong general computer software skills CoConstruct experience is a plus!
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction, engineering, and architecture principles
- Possess strong leadership and management skills
- Professionalism in manner and appropriate attire are required
- Willingness to travel to construction site(s) as required
- Willingness to work weekends and extended hours as necessary to meet production milestones and deadlines
- Physical Demands: Ability to lift 50 pounds, push and pull heavy items on a regular basis, stoop, kneel, bend, and stand for long periods of time
- Job-related references should be up-to-date and ready for contact if you are selected for interview stage
Chads Design Build has been creating sustainable and award-winning home renovations in the Madison Wisconsin area for over 25 years. Started in 1992 as Chad's Carpentry, Chads Design Build is a full service residential remodeling company specializing in thoughtful, well-built spaces which blend seamlessly into the architecture of the existing home. Our commitment to quality is second to none. Remodeling is complicated. At Chads Design Build, our process makes it easy. We integrate state-of-the-art building practices with time-honored craftsmanship. We focus on the client's comfort, health, and safety to give an outstanding remodeling experience from beginning to end. Our commitments, which spell our name, guide us to provide excellent service to our clients through Communication, Honesty, Accuracy, Details, and Satisfaction.