Starcom is the Human Experience Company; we believe that our clients’ competitive advantage lies in understanding people better, and acting on that understanding faster than the competition.
The future lies in bringing together media, creativity and data to create powerful experiences that will drive faster growth. We are the flagship Publicis Media agency to do this through our Power of One client teams that span clients such as Stellantis, P&G, Samsung, P&O and Visa.
We work differently to most agencies and base many of our models on consultancy ways of working to build a more agile workforce in this hybrid world. We complement our account teams with Squads - small teams that work for a short period to solve a specific brief. We hold cross discipline Sprints to crack client briefs at speed. These processes are designed to fuel high performance and fast results through collaboration.
Even in this most challenging period, Starcom has had an exceptional 12 months. We have welcomed brilliant clients such as Stellantis, Ferrero, Axa, KP Snacks and E.ON into the fold. Our client satisfaction scores are among the highest in the market, significantly above agency norms. We place a huge focus on our team and have driven flagship D&I and L&D programmes within Publicis Media; our goal is to help every individual reach their fullest potential and we encourage everyone to make "Brave Plays" in how they approach their work and their own career development. As a result, we have an exceptionally energised and committed talent base, all of us proud of our welcoming and supportive culture, as evidenced by our recognition as one of Campaign’s Best Places to Work in 2021.
Starcom operates in over 100 markets across the world. We have very close ties to our global HQ in Chicago who encourage learning and sharing best practice with our colleagues around the world. We are part of Publicis Groupe.
As an Investment Manager, you have three overarching responsibilities that directly relate to our agency Growth Pillars and internal Expectations Framework:
Growth for Clients: our goal is to create brilliant experiences that drive faster growth for our clients, and you will work with various teams within the broader Publicis Media organisation (Content, Sports, Data and Commerce Practices) to do so. Specific responsibilities are:
- Understanding and using the appropriate systems and technology to get under the skin of audience behaviour and consumption of TV, Video, Radio and Cinema
- Building strong, trusted relations with your key day-day clients
- Using your negotiation skills and strong relationships with the various media owners to drive added value for your clients
- Supporting your director in the day to day running of the team and ensuring that we are delivering market leading campaigns
- Working with the team to ensure that all KPIs and any audit specifics are achieved
- Keeping abreast of changes within the AV marketplace /media owner opportunities and sharing with the wider AV team and clients
- Being the lead, alongside your director, in responding to client briefs
- Ensuring you and your execs are delivering operational excellence in terms of organising meetings, team admin&finance
Develop a Growth Team: You will have the chance to be a major contributor in shaping the culture of the teams that work in the agency. Specifically:
- Managing 1 or more execs to deliver best in class activity across all pillars of AV for every single client
- Setting an example to the rest of the AV team on positive culture and brilliant service/implantation
- Working with the Planning, Investment and Performance team to deliver seamlessly and timely responses to your clients.
- Showing proactivity in day to day client and campaign management
- Understanding your client’s business and identify category news to share with them.
Drive Growth for Starcom: You are an ambassador for the Starcom brand and will be part of helping us build an exceptional reputation both within Publicis Groupe and with external partners. Specifically:
- Understanding how we drive revenue and be aware of growth opportunities and support your director/planning director in achieving them
- Ensuring absolute finance accuracy and PO management
- Ensuring Starcom’s internal reputation is being upheld through diligence on all reporting and timesheets
- Building Starcom's reputation, positive relationships with clients, media owners and partner agencies
- Work with other teams in the agency to devise and activate award winning campaigns
The ideal candidate should have a passion about their craft and already be a specialist AV media buyer and planner. They should have a genuine hunger to build successful AV communication strategies that challenge the status quo and excite our clients. You should have a strong understanding of mathematics. You will continually keep up-to-date with market developments. You should be passionate about delivering outstanding work on every campaign and supporting your team to do the same. Core skills include:
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Advanced presentation skills
- Advanced communication skills - working across the team, within the wider agency, with clients and media owners
- Expert knowledge of Media Ocean tools, Prisma, Excel and PowerPoint
- Advanced knowledge of the media auditing process
- Extremely confident with the implementation planning of TV, Video, Radio and Cinema
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment