Autism Support Assistant
Teaching Personnel are working with a mainstream primary school in Accrington, who are hoping to recruit a full time 1:1 SEN Support Assistant; to work with a pupil with traits of Autism. The role is set to start from Januaray 2021 on an ongoing basis, the child you will be supporting will be in Year 2. The SENCO is in the process of applying for an EHCP, the pupil is portraying traits of ASC (Autism), a short attention spam and finding it very difficult to listen and follow instructions whilst integrated into the full class, the school have expressed that the pupil prefers to be in control of situations and struggles to take direction straight away. If you have a calm and consistent approach and can use your own initiative, this is a fantastic opportunity for you to utilise your skills in a way where you can really make a difference.
Key responsibilities and requirements for this support assistant role will include:
- Supporting a pupil with Autism on a 1:1 basis
- Taking direction from class teachers, SLT and senior support staff and completing tasks to a high level
- Have patience and a caring and understanding nature
- Be able to use own initiative and act accordingly without having to be directed
- Be able to work full time from mid November/December 2020, potentially for the full academic year
So what are the benefits of working in schools through Teaching Personnel?
- Choice and Variety - giving you a range of roles and job opportunities to choose from
- Teaching Personnel's CPD Academy - Your Continuous Professional Development
- Pay - Weekly pay based on your skills, experience, flexibility and availability
- myTP - Digital services that make your work admin and communication simple
- Safe Working Practice - ensuring your reputation is protected
- Excellence in Education Awards - recognising the positive impact you deliver in schools
If you are interested in this role please email #removed# or call 01772 386 242