Company: NOTHING BUNDT CAKES - COMPANY BAKERY DFW
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
The Nothing Bundt Cakes (NbC) Baker ensures that cakes of the highest quality are consistently created for our guests. The Baker embodies NbC core values and demonstrates a strong commitment to excellence and efficiency in the workplace. Accountabilities/Duties:
Core Values and Competencies:
- Follows NbC proprietary recipes and cake production methods with precision and achieves productivity goals.
- Effectively utilizes measuring instruments, commercial-grade mixers and ovens, and other tools to bake cakes.
- Accurately prepares raw ingredients and equipment for baking, places cake pans into hot oven and monitors the baking process.
- Cleans sanitizes and restocks the workstation and ensures all baking supplies are sufficiently prepared for the next shift.
- Complies with all health and safety guidelines and NbC policies and procedures, including strict adherence to dress code and personal hygiene.
- Maintains a consistent work attendance and punctuality record.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Servant's Heart
- Goes above and beyond to support the team or guest, and is reliable, trustworthy and responsive.
- Keeps the good of the team or guest ahead of personal interests or gain.
- Displays humility and empathy in interactions with others.
- Spirit of a Champion
- Demonstrates pride in responsibilities, an intense drive and a passion to succeed.
- Takes initiative and 100% ownership of responsibilities, with zero excuses for issues within direct control.
- Operates with a strong sense of urgency and adheres to NbC brand standards.
- Genuine Connections
- Projects warmth, enthusiasm, and optimism that attracts others.
- Builds positive, productive relationships with all team members.
- Listens actively and communicates openly, clearly and respectfully.
Education, Certifications and Work Experience Requirements:
- Is able to understand written and oral directions, interpret instructional documents such as recipes, operating procedures, and health and safety rules, and apply knowledge to perform job responsibilities.
- Please note that NbC recipes are available in English and Spanish.
- Understands basic units of measurement used in the U.S.
- Has the ability to perform repetitious, physical tasks that require the strength to lift items of moderate to heavy weight (as much as 50 pounds) and stand for extended periods of time.
- Is able to operate commercial-grade ovens and other bakery equipment and work adjacent to a high-heat source.
- Is meticulous about using exact measurements, paying strict attention to timing and working on a tight, fast-paced production schedule.
- Possesses the discipline and attention to detail to strictly adhere to health and safety practices and work environment standards.
- Is diligent, organized and self-motivated, with the ability to operate independently with minimal supervision.
- Se Habla Espanol
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- While no formal education or work experience is required, previous experience as a Baker or in another operational support role at a bakery, restaurant or foodservice environment is a plus.
Must have the flexibility to work early mornings.
Employees at a franchised Nothing Bundt Cakes bakery location are employed by the franchise owner/operator and are not employees of Nothing Bundt Cakes Corporate (the franchisor). All inquiries about employment should be directed to the franchise owner/operator and not to Nothing Bundt Cakes Corporate. Each franchise owner/operator is responsible for ensuring compliance with local, state and federal law.