Company: CLOSETS BY DESIGN LONG ISLAND
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Production and Installation Manager
Closets by Design is well established and growing custom closet and home organizing company. We design, manufacture and install a complete line of custom closets, home office furniture, media systems, wall-beds, garage cabinetry and more.
We are currently looking to add a Production and Installation Supervisor/ Manager. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, motivated individual who enjoys a challenge and is able to multi-task - a hands on leader, who will effectively deliver a high quality product that is produced and installed cost-effectively, efficiently and on-time with the highest positive impact to the financial bottom line. The primary responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Manage all aspects of the Production and Installation Departments. Interact with customers, designers and the sales and customer service departments. Must place high emphasis on customer service and accounts receivable.
- Scheduling production and installation schedules to meet deadlines
- Managing the plant's daily operations and employees
- Understanding company product lines, equipment & machinery, assembly standards, and installation techniques
- Enforcing quality assurance standards
- Enforcing safety standards
- The ability to interact with sales staff to review designs, as defined by owner
- Maintaining factory equipment and company vehicles
- Producing daily cut-lists
- Forecasting production requirements and maintaining necessary inventory levels
- Purchasing, tracking and receiving of all purchased materials
- Problem resolution and customer service with clients
- Manage the installers and the installation process in the field
- Prior management and supervisory experience (3-5 years), with hiring responsibilities
- Experience in woodworking or cabinet making fields (32mm systems a plus)
- Experience with woodworking equipment and hand tools
- Excellent problem solving skills, able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Quality and safety conscious
- Must be highly organized
- Ability to drive bottom line results while maintaining service orientation
- Computer proficiency
- Must be able to demonstrate superior customer service skills from prior work experiences
- Skillful management ability to manage and develop people.
- Good communication skills.