Transport Team Member (PM/Backshift)
Who are we?
Bibby Distribution Ltd has been operating under the Bibby Line Group umbrella since 1985, servicing household names from over 40 locations across the UK.
Powered by our People
We're proud to be powered by our people - they're the heart of our success. A family owned business dating back over 200 years, we have a vibrant mix of colleagues up and down the country: from drivers, walkers, hikers, swimmers, runners, painters, singers and everything else in between! Living our values by 'Working Together' and 'Trusting Each other' means that you are bound to meet people who will become friends along the way.
A bit about the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Transport Team Member to join our depot in Corby. Based on a 45 hour week, working the backshift you'll be supporting all aspects of the distribution and effective execution of transport plans.
A day in the life as Transport Team Member for Bibby Distribution might include any of the following:
- Cross functional interaction (Warehouse / Drivers or Contractors / Customers).
- Undertake any other duties that are reasonably requested.
- Participation in project work.
- Work on site objectives
- Report writing on Customer Service activity
- Work alongside the team but also use initiatives
- Be the point of contact for drivers
- Ensure effective and efficient use of driver and vehicle resources.
What will make you a great fit for this role?
- Previous experience working in a busy transport office
- A Good knowledge of route planning to support planner with weekend plans
- Willing to commit to covering extended shift patterns during a time of Holidays.
- CPC desirable
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Good 'people skills' for working with a range of colleagues and customers.
- A professional manner
- Develop a level of trust and support with all colleagues to ensure conflict situations do not arise
Let's talk perks…
- Potential overtime available dependant on shift and contract
- Discounts on days out, tickets, gym memberships, retailers, restaurants and more!
- Free cash healthcare scheme for all employees including dependent children; 24/7 counselling & support, 24/7 GP helpline, dental, health screening & more
- Free eye care vouchers for VDU users; (free eye test & discount on glasses)
- Discount on mobile phone contracts with EE;
- Expanding portfolio of training opportunities
- Annual leave (okay okay okay, we know this is an entitlement we just wanted to remind you)
- Much more!
- Some of this month's picks - 30% off Adidas, 10% off Apple, 4% off Tesco!
Ready to set the wheels in motion?
What are you waiting for! Send your CV and a covering letter to the email address below telling us why you're ideal for the job. Successful applicants will be invited to a face to face interview. We know the right fit for our team is out there, do you think it could be you? You know what to do…
We can't wait to meet you!