SEMH Learning Support Assistant
£9.77 per hour
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications.
Vision for Education is currently seeking a full time Learning Support Assistant to work with children who suffer from SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health) difficulties. This is an amazing opportunity for those wishing to gain more experience working within an alternative provision supporting those with challenging behaviour.
It is desirable that you have experience working in a SEMH environment or we welcome applications from those who have youth work experience. This post will be to work within an alternative provision in the Durham area.
To be considered for the Learning Support Assistant position, you will have:
- Experience working with children and young people with difficulties managing their emotions and behaviours.
- A genuine passion for supporting complex young people in an extremely rewarding role.
- A background in working in the education, youth work or support environment.
- A minimum of 6-8 weeks experience coaching young people within a sport environment.
- Flexibility and dedication.
- Experience supporting students in a SEMH setting.
- Experience in situations with children with severe behavioural difficulties in a volatile environment.
- Availability to work full time hours between 8.30am-4.30pm, Monday- Friday.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £390.
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an individual who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Newcastle SEND team on 0191 229 1386.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.