Come join our school if you desire to enrich students' lives!
The Adapted Physical Education Teacher coordinates the design and implementation of programs which develop motor skills, physical fitness skills under the direct guidance and supervision of the Director of Related Services. This educator will adapt curricula to the strengths and needs of the individual student conducting small group and individualized instruction in accordance with each child’s IEP.
- Evaluates, monitors, and makes recommendations for the programming of students’ motor and physical fitness skills
- Coordinates ongoing evaluation of student progress through data collection and skill acquisition
- Oversees the Adapted Physical Education IEP student goals
- Assists the IEP team with student physical education related assessments; develops, implements and monitors students’ individualized plans
- Maintains thorough records for participation and performance for each student
- Instructs students in adapted physical education providing small group and individual activities
- Plan activities with maximum physical activity time within each class period, limiting idle time
- Teach motor and fitness skills that will transfer to physical activity for recreation and leisure activities
- Assists in helping students to develop healthy lifestyle behaviors by offering motivation and encouragement
- Provides occasional opportunities for participation in seasonal physical fitness activities in the community during the day program
- Assist in coordinating parental/guardian consent and release forms relating to physical education activities
- Assist in serving as liaison with representatives from physical activity based community agencies
- Develop a seasonal unit plan calendar, which is advertised to parents/guardians under the Physical Education Department tab on the Guild’s website
- Participates as member of the Guild’s Wellness Committee
- • Bachelor’s degree in physical education or related field.
- • Valid driver’s license.
- • Experience working with a population similar to The Guild for Human Services.
- • Proficient in word processing and Excel.
- Certification Adapted PE
Reply with interest or apply on Guild website - link below:
The Guild is a non profit organization that provides high quality services within supportive and safe environments for individuals with complex special needs. Through our commitment, compassion, and respect, we empower our students and adult residents with the opportunities to grow and develop to their fullest potential. A 766 Day School for moderate to severe special needs ages 6-22 years with a focus on behavioral therapeutic interventions and multi disciplined services.
Role: Physical Education Teacher - Adapted Special Needs
Apply for this job now.