My client who are based in Nottingham is growing a team of highly skilled and passionate engineers to help build, develop, and operate large-scale public cloud environments. The group is responsible for creating and maintaining the cloud platform and related services that allows development groups to leverage Public Cloud resources in a standard, supportable framework.
The Cloud Platform Engineering team help to deliver and enable internal product engineering teams to leverage the cloud in a secure, scalable, and consistent manner that follows best practices in regard to multi-account architecture, identity and access management, governance, data security, network design, and logging.
What are the benefits of this role?
- Health Salary
- Healthcare scheme
- An exceptional bonus scheme, offering the chance to earn significantly more than base salary
- Extremely high pension contribution
- Specific details can be share upon request
- Take lead and work closely with architects and other team members to develop and build complex cloud services and capabilities that meet the needs of the client product development groups
- Drive interactions with our community of technologists to describe & own the work produced by team
- Ongoing support and development of cloud services including working with client product development groups to build cloud aware applications
- Work with and help lead a virtual team to deliver business unit priority work
- Help to identify and champion priority workloads with the wider Cloud organisation
- Participate and help run SCRUM session with local team and participate in wider team direction setting
- Develop a broad knowledge of client business strategies and product portfolio
- Innovate new and improved uses of technology to meet business objectives
- Understand the impact of new technologies and their technical impacts to supported systems
- Experienced in leading cross functional teams
- Proven track record of delivering goals
- Experienced in writing clean code (Python & Boto3 preferable)
- Experienced with IaC / Terraform
Experienced in automating software build, deployment, and server configuration management using tools such as Jenkins, Git, & Terraform