Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000 - £29,999, £30,000 - £39,999, £40,000 - £49,999, £50,000 - £59,999
Do you have a passion for cyber security, possessing a skillset in assurance and security accreditation, looking to take on a vast challenge where you will be performing a key role within the cyber risk management function of the Home Offices Office of the Chief Information Security Officer?
Why this role is important
We are currently in the most revolutionary and progressive era of the Home Office where our digital and technological structure is constantly developing. This role is required as part of a huge expansion in the Home Office's cyber capabilities. On a day to day basis the decisions you make have an impact on how the end users in the Home Office are equipped to do their jobs. This means your work will indirectly impact everyone in the UK.
As the Cyber Risk Assurer
, you will work to ensure that the Home Office is working to modern Cyber Security assurance standards. You will work with key stakeholders across the department and the wider business, providing advice and guidance on effective cyber risk management processes, policies and standards.
You will be collaborating with other information and cyber security professionals to ensure that best practice cyber security methodologies are developed and followed across-government. The Office of the Chief Information Security Officer unit will work towards re-igniting Home Office security capabilities.
We will see that the Cyber Risk Assurer holds:
- Experience in information risk management or in a business risk management role with significant exposure to the threat intelligence environment, desirably within government
- Experience of working in an assurance or approval within information assurance, information security or cyber security, desirably working with accreditors or auditors
- Knowledge of industry cyber risk management methodologies, control frameworks (e.g. NIST, ISO 27000, COBIT 5, Cyber Essentials, Cyber Defence Controls, Cloud Principles etc. and generally NCSC guidelines) and relevant legislation, preferably working with the NCSC
- Experience in supporting secure system development, ensuring cyber security is considered throughout the development lifecycle, is desirable
- A current knowledge of the latest threats and vulnerabilities to data and systems that process data.
- Experience in complex stakeholder management and liaison
What's on offer
As an employer of choice, the Home Office offers an extensive benefits package including:
Croydon £40,644 - £45,914**Candidates who can provide an exceptional demonstration of the necessary skills and experience may be subject to receiving a Recruitment & Retention Allowance of £3000.
- A competitive salary package consisting of:
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 30 after 10 year's service in the Home Office) plus 1 additional day for the Queen's Birthday and 8 bank holidays
- Market leading pension scheme
- An extensive training and development plan for this role
- Flexible working to support a healthy work life balance
Hays Specialist Recruitment has been appointed as the recruitment partner for the Home Office. For all enquiries, please contact the Hays Home Office team.
Role: Cyber Risk Assurer
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: London (South), London (Greater), London (Greater)
Apply for this job now.