Company: GREDE - BISCOE FACILITY
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
The Maintenance Mechanic will perform various maintenance tasks to ensure preventative/proactive maintenance and timely repair per written and verbal procedures in a safe, efficient, and quality manner. This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor of the shift.
- Includes duties, such as, repair and maintenance of plant facilities, machinery, and equipment in accordance with blueprints, manuals, and codes as directed by supervision and production requirements.
- Has the ability to function as a lead person in the absence of the supervisor.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in the following;
- Demonstrates 110% compliance with safety and environmental procedures.
- Specialized skills or technical training may be substituted to fulfill part of this requirement at the discretion of maintenance management.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to excellence, example, and the absence of crisis through preventative maintenance.
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be trained in safety procedures including, lockout/tagout, confined space procedures, hazard recognition, PPE requirements and use, and any other safety requirements.
HSD or GED preferred.
Minimum of two years maintenance experience.
Must be able to stand, bend, twist, knell, walk for 10+ hours.
Must be able to push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds.
Must be able to work in an extreme hot environment.
Must be able to pass pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background check.
Must be able to pass respirator fit test and comply with requirements when working in regulated areas
* Maintenance uniforms and all PPE are provided except your first pair of steel toed boots. General hand tools are to be brought by the employee; specific tools are provided by the plant
*You'll be working on 3 phase motors, 480v wiring/panels, ABB troubleshooting, teaching points, any welding robots, Allen Bradley troubleshooting, HMI's, VFD's, conveyors, hydraulics, pneumatics, schematic reading, Disa molding machines, Summit foundry systems, shot blasters, welding/fabrication skill (structural), AMH experience, motor control troubleshooting, ladder logic, induction furnace.
*Hours worked on the holiday are paid at the regular rate + an additional 8 hours of Holiday Pay for the day itself
*Employees are paid weekly on Fridays
You should be proficient in:
- Blueprint Reading
- Electrical Schematics
$20 - $30 / hr