Responsible for proving liquid meters with trailer mounted Small Volume Prover or bi-directional prover and all other proving duties in assigned area and other areas as needed
- Operate and move, (pulling/backing), gooseneck proving trailer
- Witness third party meter calibrations as needed
- Perform various mathematical calculations associated with meter proving calculations and analyze meter performance and other analytical data to assist in accurate measurement
- Troubleshoot and repair all meter proving related problems and/or assist in repair if needed
- Ability to read station flow, pipeline drawings, and maps
- Schedule and coordinate meter calibrations at lease and custody facilities locations
- Assist in maintenance and measurement operations as needed
- Other duties as needed or assigned
- Ensures that all equipment is in good operating condition - calibrated verified, correct and clean. This includes safety and monitoring equipment appropriate to the job
- Reports to job-site punctually and observes all BVNA applicable federal and state regulations and standards, Pipeline, Terminal and/or Refinery requirements, including safety standards
- Attends “Key Meetings” with external personnel. Represents Inspectorate by appearance and conduct. Behaves ethically at all times.
- Communicates any problems, discrepancies, or other noteworthy incidents to the Technician Supervisor without delay.
- Work safely in the presence of hazardous materials as defined in the appropriate Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Promptly and accurately completes all required paperwork and distributes copies appropriately.
- Reviews any discrepancies with Field Supervisor, signs and returns field ticket
- Minimum 40 hour work week but hours are dependent on work assignments.
- Supports and participates in Inspectorate’s Business Management System (BMS)
- Attends company meetings as required.
- Experienced Proving & Meter Technician
- Must have a valid CDL
Type of work to be preformed
- Oil and Gas Lab Technician
- Liquid Oil and Gas knowledge proving and Calibration
Role: Liquid Proving & Meter Technician
Apply for this job now.