Gridwares mission is to create a future where suburban wildfires are a thing of the past. We provide a truly full-stack (hardware + firmware + software) solution for real-time monitoring of America's power distribution grid. The system centers around low-cost hardware platforms that are easily and permanently deployed to power poles. The platform detects and predicts faults that ignite wildfires, expedites repairs during power outages, and helps utilities demonstrate risk reduction to regulators through comprehensive asset health profiles.
Gridwares technology is designed to unlock essential values for other adjacent verticals. Our unique positioning allows us to solve some of the worlds most burning challenges -- from helping policy makers make data-driven infrastructure decisions to helping farmers overcome micro-climate challenges. While others turn a blind eye to these aged and highly-regulated industries, we believe its our duty to create win-for-all scenarios that lead to a prosperous future for generations to come.
Gridware is a privately-held company with funding from the California Energy Commission and other major investors. We operate in Walnut Creek, California.
Were looking for a Mechanical Product Design Engineer to join our team
Roles & Responsibilities
- Translate product and hardware requirements into robust industrial designs that elegantly integrate electrical subsystems
- Spearhead decisions around selection and procurement of mechanical components
- Define and execute on manufacturing processes for assembly, integration, and quality control
- Thrive in a tightly-integrated, lightning-paced team of high-energy and deeply committed individuals.
- Strong fundamentals in CAD, mechanical & industrial design, and DFM/DFA
- Experience in design and manufacturing of plastic as well as metal parts
- Demonstrated ability to design for integration of electrical subsystems (batteries, camera, PCBs, wiring harnesses, etc.)
Our employees enjoy working in a mission-driven environment to save lives and create a future without wildfires. Beyond that, we offer competitive benefits that help them to thrive and grow. These benefits include:
- An attractive salary with bonus plan
- Health insurance plan
- Flexible working hours
- Stock option plan
Gridware is an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.