SUMMARY: The Material Handling department is truly a service organization and all associates are “Key” to the successful operation of this printing facility. The Paper Material Handler must have the basic knowledge of general warehouse layout, item identification codes, basic knowledge of warehouse procedures and familiarity with the storage areas in order to be able to place or pull paper stock, signatures and materials in accordance with standard procedures. Applicant must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience on a Fork or Clamp truck handling Roll, Sheet, or consumable material as it relates to a Financial / Commercial Printing operation.
- Pressroom takes top priority – No delays for “Wait Paper”
- Paper being delivered to press has to be exactly what is listed on the pull ticket
- Integral role in the company’s “War on Waste” by eliminating paper damage
- Adhere to the Company safety policies
- Associate must be able to consistently work “Unsupervised”, immediately escalating any issues to the warehouse supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Load and unload vans, trucks and trailers
- Receiving and properly documenting all plant consumables
- Timely distribution of all plant consumables
- Receiving and properly documenting, distributing all inbound FedEx and UPS material.
- True understanding and knowledge of “Warehouseman’s responsibility” with regards to preventing OS&D claims (Over, Short or Damage claims)
- Understanding exactly what is being received while matching mill manifests to the company issued Purchase order
- Complete understanding of the Web and Sheetfed press schedules
- Access the company MIS system (Hagen) must be able to navigate the system and locate all pertinent information on a job by job basis. (job ticket, paper pull tickets, inventory labels etc.)
- Must be able to handle all inventory functions, input tonnage, print roll labels, print bin reports, finalize receipts
- Stack paper neat & orderly, making sure it is on the line, plumb, not tilting
- Maintain clean, organized paper & consignment warehouse
- Perform monthly inventory audits
- Must able to work effectively with all departments to ensure Internal customer satisfaction
- Maintain baler room on weekends
- Maintain pressroom shop floor on weekends, stacking loads, delivering forms to various machines in the bindery
- Assist pressroom with a fork lift to change out totes, whether it be ink, press wash etc.
- Maintain documentation of ink totes, weigh empty totes, load trailer when required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience on a Fork or Clamp truck handling Roll, Sheet, or consumable material as it relates to a Financial / Commercial Printing operation.
- Computer literate – Master the use of an RF scanner
- Fork / clamp truck certification
The job is primarily performed in a manufacturing and/or warehouse environment that may be noisy, hot, and humid. Based on the monthly manufacturing schedule, the paper warehouse environment can be stressful at times due to heavy inbound paper and plant consumables shipments. This position requires a substantial amount of standing, sitting, bending and lifting up to 50 pounds, extended work hours during the week as well as weekends.
Statement: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
It is DG3 North America’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and to provide equal employment opportunity and individual growth opportunities to all Associates in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws and Executive Orders as well as all implementing regulations.
DG3 is recognized as a leading global provider of print and visual communications services. At the heart of our success is a team of dedicated people devoted to quality, innovation, and our clients. A career at DG3 is truly a unique experience. As our innovations increase and our product offerings multiply, our vision, values and culture continue to take shape and escalate our people and company to the next level.
At DG3, our colleagues are driven by our vision to be the best-in-class visual communications firm in the world. We embrace diversity and, with offices in some of the most diverse markets in the world, find it to be one of our secrets to success. We have established a means to attract voices across races, genders, ethnicities and religions and use those differences to break new ground. It is that same belief that allows us to live our vision every day.
Role: Paper Material Handler (1st/2nd Shift)
Location: Jersey City,
Apply for this job now.