This is an operational role which will support the Human Resources team and be the local HR contact for their client group. This person is part of the US-based Global Operations Human Resources department and must be able to work in a team environment.
- Provide operational support using general understanding of procedures, policies, business knowledge to assist in routine HR matters.
- Participate and represent HR in employee matters in the Decatur Administration teams.
- Provide support to HR Director/HR Managers in dealing with queries related to HR technology tools and applications
- Be the liaison to the HR Services team to help identify opportunities for improvements in HR Services, processes and tools
- Provide coaching to new or less-experienced hiring managers with people processes including recruitment, performance management, talent planning, engagement and other areas
- Collate and monitor feedback, exceptions and trends as a result of the nature of business queries
- Foster and drive consistency in HR Operational process and common practices
- Escalate or work with HR Director/HR Managers to resolve complex issues
- Participate in training, both managing external providers as well as delivery of in house training.
- Act as a gatekeeper to ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; etc. Assist managers and employees to ensure compliance to policies, procedures and rules.
- Works closely with the Centers of Excellence on programs and compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources or Business related field and/or a minimum of 5 years of experience in Human Resources.
- Microsoft Office proficiency- Word, Excel, Power Point
- Ability to act quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Must maintain a high degree of safety, integrity, confidentiality and professionalism at all times
- Able to communicate effectively
- Good presentation skills
- Effective listening and questioning skills
- Ability to apply knowledge to specific problems
- Show empathy to customers while resolving issues
- Resilient while handling customer queries
- Knowledge of basic employment law
- Excellent customer service skills
Tate & Lyle is a global provider of distinctive, high quality ingredients and solutions to the food, beverage and other industries. Through our large-scale, efficient manufacturing plants, we use innovative technology to turn raw materials into distinctive, high quality ingredients for our customers. These ingredients add taste, texture, nutrition and increased functionality to products that millions of people around the world use or consume every day. #removed#/
Role: HR Generalist
Apply for this job now.