Service Desk Shift AnalystLocation: Portsmouth, UK - Hybrid with working from home options availableCompensation: £25,293 + BenefitsRole Type: Full Time / PermanentSF46090
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Service Desk Shift Analyst at our Portsmouth site.As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS)
The Service Desk Shift Analyst role is based within our Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) business unit.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
The difference our new Service Desk Shift Analyst will make
As a Service Desk Shift Analyst, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll be joining at busy and highly motivated team and will be mainly working on Exchange, Active Directory, Cisco IP, Remote Log-ins, Server infrastructure. There is a clear career path for you to progress into 2nd line work and beyond, within our large multi-discipline IT function.
Day to day, you'll undertake 1st line support tasks, serving internal teams with their 1st line issues and escalating to 2nd line as and when required during the day. In the evening you'll also be involved in, completing work orders, configuring USB sticks, and dealing with the mailbox.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role will involve working shifts on a 4 on / 4 off basis of either 6.30am- 6.30pm or 8.30am - 8.30pm onsite at Portsmouth, alongside remote working arrangements.
You will need proven Service/Help Desk experience, as well as Customer Service Experience, both face to face and over the phone.
You will also need:
- Proven experience in using a Service Management system to manage all incidents and requests.
- Experience in troubleshooting Microsoft Applications, Printer faults and Operating systems.
- Customer Focused, committed to providing a professional 1st line service.
- An understanding of Active Directory, Exchange, Cisco IP Phones, Remote Assistance/Desktop, and Server Infrastructure.
Lastly, you must hold or have ability to obtain BPSS security clearance.
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Pension members - death in service 4 times base salary
- Paternity - 2 full weeks pay
- Maternity & Adoption leave - 20 weeks full pay - 13 weeks SMP
- CSP - Up to 5 years service - 26 weeks full pay, 5 to 10 years service - 39 weeks full pay, 10 years plus - 52 weeks full pay
- Working from home and flexible work patterns
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think:outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.Application Guidance
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing Date: 11th October 2022 (candidates submitted weekly)