Position: Project Engineer
Location: Westbury, NY
Check out our Career Video below or at the following link: #-Project-Engineer
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in surface solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 13 500 employees at more than 170 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.7 billion in 2015. The company invested CHF 103 million in R&D in 2015 and has over 1 350 specialists developing innovative and customer-oriented products and services.
The Surface Solutions Segment of the Oerlikon Group includes the two brands Oerlikon Balzers and Oerlikon Metco. Oerlikon Balzers is one of the world’s leading suppliers of surface technologies that significantly improve the performance and durability of precision components as well as tools for the metal and plastics processing industries. Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces with coating solutions and equipment. The Surface Solutions Segment operates a dynamically growing network of currently more than 145 facilities with over 140 coating centers in 36 countries.
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of over 30 locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, power generation, automotive, oil & gas, industrial and other specialized markets.Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team.
The Project Engineer Supports the Coating Solutions Center by researching, evaluating, selecting and applying standard Thermal Spray engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in testing and solving technical problems pertaining to thermal spray application development, system acceptance tests and validation projects.
- Under limited guidance from Manager, formulates project plans.
- Leads individual project activities for Thermal Spray application development, parameter development, product support and validation, demonstrations, Sales support, Thermal Spray System Acceptance tests, Materials and Equipment OUs support and communicates results to both internal and external customers.
- Performs necessary spray tests and prepares technical reports and/or presentations for review.
- Insures that project/program assignments meet established technical requirements, budget, and time schedules. This includes guidance in the use of equipment and materials used in the spray process to test for coating properties and the tools used for product evaluation.
- Oversees the maintenance and organization of spray test results and documentation.
- Generates project/program proposal activities including quotations, scheduling, and specifying the required project tasks and goals.
- Evaluates metallurgical coating samples/reports for design intent and determines if coating specifications and/or requirements have been met.
- Maintains strict adherence to internal procedures and safety regulations pertaining to thermal spraying and coating evaluation.
- Serves as a mentor and trainer for Jr. Project Managers and Technicians within the team.
- Technical degree in Materials Science or Mechanical Engineering or related field (Master's degree preferred).
- 5 years job experience in thermal spray field.
Oerlikon is a leading high-tech industrial group specializing in machine and plant engineering. The Company is a provider of innovative industrial solutions and cutting-edge technologies for man-made fibers manufacturing, drive systems, vacuum and surface solutions.
A Swiss company with a tradition going back over 100 years, Oerlikon is a global player with around 15,500 employees at over 200 locations in 36 countries and sales of CHF 3.2 billion in 2014, the Company invested CHF 121 million in R&D, with over 1,300 specialists working on future products and services. In most areas, the operative businesses rank either first or second in their respective global markets.
Role: Project Engineer
Apply for this job now.