COMPANY: HILTON GLASGOW GROSVENOR HOTEL
JOB TYPE: Permanent , Full Time
Job Summary Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Assistant to join our Facilities team. This is a fantastic opportunity for candidates with a strong interest in DIY who would like to develop their skill set further. With full training provided this role would suit school leavers, retired persons looking for a part time role, and maintenance orientated students early on in their studies. What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow''''s savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected. If you understand the importance of upholding a brand''''s reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because it''''s with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.What will I be doing?
Under the guidance of the Maintenance Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out appropriate maintenance work promptly and to the highest standards whilst follow all company statutory and legal regulatory requirements.
What are we looking for?
- Respond to all enquiries promptly
- Carry out maintenance repair work and ensure the appropriate PPE is worn during all repairs
- Maintain the green areas and car parks when applicable
- Follow planned preventative maintenance programmes
- Ensure good relationships with internal and external customers and contractors
- Ensure energy conservation initiatives are implemented
- Follow C.O.S.H.H regulations, in particular the storage of hazardous substances
- Attend additional training suitable to the role
- A passion for Maintenance / DIY with the ability to use your initiative to logically find solutions to issues
- Previous maintenance experience including electrical, plumbing or painting and decorating would be beneficial although is not essential as full training will given
- Committed to a part time role in a long term basis
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work on their own or in teams
- Relevant qualifications would be beneficial
Salary: £8.40 per hour
What benefits will I receive?
We''''ll offer you a competitive benefits packages which includes structured career progression opportunities including access to Hilton University, stakeholder pension scheme, optional healthcare, memberships to the Hilton Club with access to discounted hotel stays worldwide, discounted health club membership, free meals, a wide range of retailer discounts through Hilton marketplace.
See descriptionRole: Maintenance Assistant - Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: Glasgow, Scotland, ScotlandApply for this job now.